Author Topic: I need to borrow a 2nd gen TPMS sensor  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
I need to borrow a 2nd gen TPMS sensor
« on: May 13, 2022, 09:25:36 AM »
Mods, please forgive me for posting this in the main area instead of in the marketplace, as I'm not looking to keep it. I'm hoping someone has a second generation TPMS sensor that is the fully potted version. Anyone who has one with a battery that isn't dead, I would really like to try to read the ID number off of it. I figured out the workaround for the dead first gen sensors, but I need an operational second gen to try the same thing. I'll pay for shipping both ways, AND if it works, I'll program a set of new Autel sensors if you want to pay for the sensors.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: I need to borrow a 2nd gen TPMS sensor
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 11:49:41 AM »
Fine by me, Red.  Good luck.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 12:46:31 PM »
It can still be on the bike, right?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 12:31:53 PM »
The Autel MaxiPad can read with the sensors mounted.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »
It'll read them mounted, but I want to compare the codes to the physical codes out the outside of the sensor. If I can pull the sensor code out of the barcode, then it wouldn't matter if the sensor is dead, we could program a new one. That's what I had to do with my first gen sensors since they were toast and wouldn't boot even with a new power supply.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.