Author Topic: COLD BLOODED c10. (carb diaphragms?)  (Read 1690 times)

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
Re: COLD BLOODED c10. (carb diaphragms?)
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2021, 11:33:22 AM »
the 4 i measured were .038". ordered a bag of #10 washers from macmaster and measured with calipers, dug up 4 pretty quick that were exact.

it just richens the fuel when its on the needle circuit. more 'meat' in the throttle response down low and in the mid-range, def winds up quicker. I did the diaphragms 1st, was better, but the shims gave it a bit 'more' there and def better mid-range. had my friend David ride behind me on his new Z900 and said it didn't 'smell' any richer at all that he could tell, and hes super sensitive to it. did a bunch of mid-range runs and really good.  will repeat this on the red 2000.   they both ran good, but this is a def improvement.
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2021, 03:02:13 PM »
Thanx m in SC, I just bought a set.
 4PCS For KAWASAKI ZG1000 ZG 1000 1986-2006 Carburetor Vacuum Membrane Diaphragm https://ebay.us/KF6QRn
I have a set of ZX-1000 carbs with questionable diaphragm's.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 08:53:41 AM »
as a second follow up... rode the c10 into work via the interstate this morning, the 4000-6 rpm roll-ons in traffic to pass at half throttle to 3/4 are def better as well. 

I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 04:56:13 PM »
did the naked 2000 c10 last night, rode it a bit today, same treatment. new diaphragms and shimmed needles (did it all at same time this time). way better. 

Online Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 04:33:00 AM »
Thanks Mark  ;D
I bought a brand new set of carbs for a knockdown price. They are all nice and shiny.  ;D 8)  :banana
If they give better responsiveness in the nekkid C10 I'm building, then I may well replace the ancient diaphragms in my 32 year old carbs on Otto as well.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 08:40:24 AM »
Boomer,. i saw that, that's an awesome score.   8)