Author Topic: n00b in Orlando  (Read 1322 times)

Offline jaydee1445

n00b in Orlando
« on: May 20, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »
Thought I'd make my 1st post an introduction. Just picked up a clean 97 for $1500. Wife and I have been trying to take some adventures on a 1200 Bandit and it's just too cramped. She keeps saying how the 950 Adventure fit us better long story short I parted the KTM out... got tired of wrenching as much as I rode that temptress.

Plan on some weekend trips to sort things out before taking the Autotrain from Sanford Fl to Lorton VA. and riding the BRP and Chereola Pkw then Ga. mtn. twistys back to the flat sandbox of Florida.

I spend most of my time as an inmates with the FFs over at advrider.com and DDS.com. The Connie violates the no more than 2 bike rule so I'll need to decided between the 1200 Bandit and the Husaberg FE400. :-[

here is the CL ad from 5-1-12 Yesterday  I called the guy up and explained I buy bikes many  to part them out and would he take the KKB trade-in value of $1500. He said no but called me back after 5 minutes and took my offer.
1997 Kawasaki Concours - $2700 (Leesburg)

ZG 1000, all stock and original. 51k miles, new tires and brakes less than 1k ago. Excellent condition.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: n00b in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »
Welcome and congrats JD!  :chugbeer:

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »
jaydee, welcome. You stole that bike outta my back yard, as I live in Tavares up here in Lake County. Nice find :thumbs:

A couple of links that will help thin your wallet:

Murphs' is run/was started by one of us, good guy, good prices, great service, nice folks.

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

This is our resident motor head and re-engineering dude. He does magical things to carburetors and camshafts, among other things. And he's local(Tampa area).

http://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/

>>>>>>

Do some reading up on hydrolock prevention, it is relevant, and Shoodaben can help you out with that.

COG, Concours Owners Group is quite active in FLA, you may wanna check them/us out. You do not have to be in the club to attend stuff, so come and check us out. We just had a SE regional get together up Suches at Wildcat Lodge and Campground. If the calendar gets a bit slow on stuff, I usually post up a "local" RTE, last weekend we were at Osteens up in St Augustine for their fine shrimp.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,34302.0.html

Will post up another for probably mid July, it will be breakfast, somewhere "local". Also a good chance to see what other folks have done in the way of Farkleization. We'll even let ya buy!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anyhow, welcome.

Later.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 06:35:00 PM »
Very Nice! It looks to be in great shape. I am in Orlando as well so I will look for you as I ride around town.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black