Author Topic: Which aftermarket exhaust?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline MIST

Which aftermarket exhaust?
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »
I realize this is like an oil or tire thread and will ask forgiveness now if it has been discussed and beaten to death before, however I'm unable to locate an answer to my specific questions regarding an aftermarket slip-on exhaust.

I want nothing more than looks and sound. A nice growl but not obnoxiously loud. I don't care about increasing horsepower or torque, don't want to perform a flyectomy, don't want any popping on deceleration and / or downshifting and don't want to have to do any engine management or remapping with a Power Commander or other such device. I had a Two Brothers M2 Vale slip-on on my '07 K12S and an Akrapovic Titanium slip-on on my '10 K13S. The Two Brothers was a little too loud for my taste, even with the power tip sound suppressor installed. The Akrapovic was "just right", although extremely expensive (a $1900 slip-on I got free when I purchased the motorcycle new from a dealer). There are so many options out there that it boggles the mind. I simply want to upgrade the exhaust from the bazooka to something sleeker and more pleasing to the eye and at the same time let the engine speak a little bit. Your observations and opinions are greatly appreciated, and if you are aware of a previous post answering my specific qualities listed above please point me in that direction.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:56:08 PM by MIST »
Mike
'10 C14ABS

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Which aftermarket exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »
MUZZY

Bob

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:28:12 PM »
Area P would fit the bill!

Offline att2008vn

• C14 2010 ABS
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 07:51:17 PM »
Hi,

I have the Remus Carbon Slip-on on my Connie, it has the Stainless Steel & Titanium version as well, comes with mid-pipe.  The sounds is a little bit not-loud-enough to my taste cuz i get used to my Gixxer 600 with full Titan Akra.  I tried to chop off the catalyzer but the sound is just a deeper grunt, turned out the Connie cannot go loud because of its low-rev design.

at

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
Area P..............
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »
Area P slip-on meets all of your specs.  Carbon fiber!
2010 C14 ABS

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
My Two Brothers with a P1X Power Tip was not much much louder than the stock exhaust in my opinion, just deeper sounding.
You can hear the comparison video's here..... http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=712.msg6506#msg6506
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline Jiffy Bumpit

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 02:19:40 AM »
I just put the two brothers on my '09. It does everything you want, EXCEPT it does 'backfire'/ burble when down shifting.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 05:08:19 AM »
Area P    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mighty

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 08:20:54 AM »
I have had over 30 bikes and all makes of mufflers.  Of all of them the two brothers are the only one's that I always get compliments on. Even my die hard Harley loving neighbor compliments my 1400. I have the flies out and PC V and have no noticable popping on deceleration. IMHO I think the Two Bro's CF is one of the best looking out there too   8)
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke Sled
68 Rag top Vette

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 08:31:26 AM »
I personally think the Leo Vince that was on my bike when I bought it is the best looking option out there. Sounds nice and deep. Especially if you take the baffle out. The Carbon Fiber can looks pretty good on my Blue 2010. It does hae some Decel pop.