Author Topic: PC V  (Read 3780 times)

Offline dbarb3

PC V
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:25 AM »
I have read all the threads on reflash versus Power Commander so I do not want to open that can.

My questions are what has to be removed from the bike to install a PC and remove the secondaries?
What is a good JIS set that includes the long one for removing the secondaries that also includes other sizes that my be needed on the bike?
With a PC installed when you go to ECO mode does the PC alter the ECO map by the same number of points?

Has anyone installed a PC without pulling the secondaries, if so what were the results?

Thanks for any help.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: PC V
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 03:03:09 PM »
I have read all the threads on reflash versus Power Commander so I do not want to open that can.

Welcome!  Yes, plenty of threads on that.

Has anyone installed a PC without pulling the secondaries, if so what were the results?

I can't image why anyone would do that.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »
1) You need to remove the left / center fairing to install the Power Commander. You will need to remove the fuel tank to remove the 'flies.

2) Any JIS #2 screwdriver at least about 6" (er, 150 mm) or longer will do. I personally prefer to use JIS #2 bits with a 1/4" drive ratchet and extension so I can control the down-pressure better but that is merely my choice. They can be a bit hard to come by but this place has a set of them: http://www.rjrcooltools.com/shop_item_detail.cfm?subcat_ID=89  I have used both a long screwdriver and ratchet w/ bits successfully but prefer the ratchet and bits.

3) Yes.  The nothing in the bike ECU is effected by installing a Power Commander, so when changing ECU (the bike's) to ECO mode, the overall mixture will still be slightly leaner as it would be stock.

4) Yes, you will get a slightly better running bike with a Power Commander on an otherwise stock bike. But as C-14's run so well IME, I do not know that it is worthwhile really.

Brian

My questions are what has to be removed from the bike to install a PC and remove the secondaries?
What is a good JIS set that includes the long one for removing the secondaries that also includes other sizes that my be needed on the bike?
With a PC installed when you go to ECO mode does the PC alter the ECO map by the same number of points?

Thanks for any help.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »
kudos for helping o/p on his first post... I see a trend, and its happened frequently in the last month... doh

and all that without knowing the bike year and setup?

man, sure glad I have an '08

::) 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »
I do not understand what you mean by trend but I always try to help out when I can. First post or 14,029, makes no matter to me.

I believe all the information I supplied applied to all year C-14's other than the ECO info., but then again, if he is asking about ECO mode, one must assume he HAS ECO mode (Gen. 2 C-14). Still, I believe my information is correct..... if he has a Gen. 1 C-14, my info. is still correct, he simply cannot get into that mode.

;) ;D

Brian

kudos for helping o/p on his first post... I see a trend, and its happened frequently in the last month... doh

and all that without knowing the bike year and setup?

man, sure glad I have an '08

::) 8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline dbarb3

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »
Thanks for the help, everything I needed to know.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »
Thanks for the help, everything I needed to know.
..are you sure? decoder ring ?... secret handshake?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 10:39:04 AM »
Well, he can have those too but I ain't givin' up the KiPass incantation!

:-)

Brian

..are you sure? decoder ring ?... secret handshake?

Offline dbarb3

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 02:51:32 PM »
Man I always wanted a decoder ring

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »
I always wanted a Johnny Seven....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »
Well, he can have those too but I ain't givin' up the KiPass incantation!

:-)

Brian

klaatu barada nikto

yeah man, I just gave it out....

googlit

or just watch it... that movie scared the crap outta me as a kid when I saw it in a theatre.... my mom had to take me outta there... she was pizzed because we made popcorn and took it with us, and I freaked out during the film....... price for both of us at that time, to watch a movie in a theatre.... $0.25...
oh my....

https://youtu.be/z7GlgSh2wpk

now if that don't work, because someone reprogrammed you ecu for another fob...
try gungalagunga....

https://youtu.be/X48G7Y0VWW4

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline firehawk618

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:25 PM »
If you're going to go with the auto-tune option then do not use ECO mode.

The reason I say this is when you have auto tune enabled it learns and adjusts to the afr's you program.

Once you engage eco mode that all changes and it starts trying to correct itself back to where it started.

I quit using ECO mode long before I did the PCV+Auto tune on my bike.  It just didn't make much difference economy wise.
2012 C14 Black