Author Topic: Picking up new Connie Wednesday  (Read 8846 times)

Offline timbo

Picking up new Connie Wednesday
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
 Well I just put a down payment on a 2011 silver abs connie today. It is in the crate. They are putting it together tomorrow and I'm picking it up wed morning. I'm coming from an 08 Suzuki M109R cruiser. Hope I like the connie as much as you all do. The cruiser was killing my tailbone with my feet out in front of me. I think with my feet under me is going to help a lot! I will post some pics when I get it. Already got a list of mods I'm wanting to do.

Offline jjsC6

Re: Picking up new Connie Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »
Congats on the new bike.  I like mine  :chugbeer:
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Flathead

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »
Awesome! Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

Offline el uno quatro

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:10 PM »
Way to go!

Offline Gsun

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
Seems like a lot of Connie owners either came from an M109R or have one as well as the Conk. Never rode one, but they look like a nice ride.

Offline mike

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:01:17 PM »
Congrats, enjoy the ride.

Offline Khrome

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »
I had a 109 a few bikes ago... great bar hopper... sucked on the highway to me, you ride in the position of a sail  :o  I think you will like the 14... I have the 11 silver also  :thumbs:
Khrome 2011 C14...09 Kaw Voyager...08 Yam WR250X...07 Yam FJR...06 Suz M109...04 Yam RoadStar...03 Kaw ZZR 1200... 02Kaw ZRX1200...01 KTM LC4...00 Kaw KLR 650...99 Kaw C10...98 Kaw ZRX 1100...94 Kaw Zephyr 750...85 Kaw 454LTD...79 Honda XL250S

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »
Glad to hear that everything worked out.  Have fun with your new bike. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 08:22:16 PM »
Seems like a lot of Connie owners either came from an M109R or have one as well as the Conk. Never rode one, but they look like a nice ride.

Does look nice, if you are into that chrome/twin stuff.  But the Concours is so DRASTICALLY different.  About the ONLY thing the two bikes share is having two wheels and a shaft drive.  Should be interesting to see what he thinks after he has adjusted :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 08:25:43 PM »
Does look nice, if you are into that chrome/twin stuff.  But the Concours is so DRASTICALLY different.  About the ONLY thing the two bikes share is having two wheels and a shaft drive.  Should be interesting to see what he thinks after he has adjusted :)

You are correct that they are different, but I wanted something more practical that I could ride hard and still take my wife with me comfortably.  C14: Utilitarian, yes........ sexy, no.

Offline timbo

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 08:29:52 PM »
Talk about chrome, here is a pic of my 109. I have it sold, the guy is picking it up Fri. I love the bike, it is just not comfortable to ride long distances. It will be nice not to have all that chrome to clean after every ride!

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
I had a cruiser and the chrome took 25 hours a day to keep clean.  One thing you never get tired of, is people with chrome bikes telling you how little time it takes to clean/shine it up. Crapola.
2008 C-14

Offline Ozark Vulcan

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »
I am really looking forward to you getting your bike. (let me explain)

I currently ride a Vulcan 900LT and even with a Mustang touring seat, about 40 miles and my tailbone
is killing me. I do have some back problems so I was thinking I may have to quit riding.

Then a friend was telling me the problem could be the forward foot postion and a bike like his FJR, where
your feet are up under you may solve my problem.

Well being a Kawi guy my whole life I am very interested in the C14.
Im just not ready to pull the trigger till I hear from more people with back issues.

So please let us know about the tailbone pain.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »

I currently ride a Vulcan 900LT and even with a Mustang touring seat, about 40 miles and my tailbone
is killing me. I do have some back problems so I was thinking I may have to quit riding.

Then a friend was telling me the problem could be the forward foot postion and a bike like his FJR, where

Im just not ready to pull the trigger till I hear from more people with back issues.

What about a test ride on an ST bike?  Shouldn't be to hard to find a dealer with a used bike or two that you could take for a spin.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
Congrats Tim!  :chugbeer:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 01:18:55 AM »
What about a test ride on an ST bike?  Shouldn't be to hard to find a dealer with a used bike or two that you could take for a spin.

exactly my thoughts... In any case, even if the OP had experience with other bikes that offer different body positions, he still should try the C14 (or any bike, for that matter) before buying it.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline timbo

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »

Will do.

Offline timbo

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
Got her home safe and sound!

Offline Jack Daniels

• Ain't nobody chasin' me boy
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
Congrats!   :chugbeer:

Another former M109'er here.  I'll admit I miss that big 'ol thing but I love my C14.   8)

Excavator

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 07:10:47 PM »
Congrats Timbo, you gave up a beautiful 08 LE but you will enjoy a huge improvement in comfort with room to take along all those needful things.

I also came off an 08 LE 109, I miss that bike but the C14 is just awesome. Tomorrow I'll be riding mine from Little Rock to just east of Abilene, Tx. to see mom and then back home on Sunday, if I still had the 109 I would be dreading the ride, with the 14 I am looking foreward to it because I know my legs and back will still have some feeling after a 900 mile round trip.

Enjoy your new ride.