Author Topic: Ducati may have gotten Kipass right...  (Read 12687 times)

Offline Mad River Marc

• The Kipass shall inherit the earth
Re: Ducati may have gotten Kipass right...
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »
I think given the trend towards more and more technology we are going to see this type of system more and more in bikes as well as cars and even more.

Like it or not,  I think we are headed towards the day when we have the "One fob to rule them all"   That is one transponder we carry that would start our car, our bikes, allow us to pay for groceries, unlock our homes etc......  There are a lot of security concerns with that but in time it could be worked out...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »
Kipass is fine so far, but so are keys.  Now, I look forward to the day when my fingerprints, retinas, penis prints, whatever.......will suffice. But until then, give me a key, please.

:goodpost: :rotflmao:

I would asume the penis print start is where the seat meets the tank, otherwise that might be a little awkward...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
My Duc could have a rotten chicken bone with a booger chained to it for a key and I wouldn't care. I could care less how it starts, I care that it runs like a cheetah on speed, and it does ;D

What is this fast model Duc you speak of?  And will it take out the new beemer?  I may be picking up a new litre bike soon for a fast bike. Seems the new BMW is the fastest thing out this year followed by the new ZX10R as a close second or even a tie?

They're not the prettiest but they go. They just LACK kIPass is why i haven't already put one in the garage.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 06:06:24 AM »
I don't want to rain on this parade...well maybe I do a little.....but this is a C14 board, not Ducati.  Don't mind the comparison on the keyless ignition on both but it's starting to veer away from the intent of the OP.  So, lets keep it on topic, ok?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.