Author Topic: Plugging and Patching Tires...former Boy Scout redeems himself.  (Read 11301 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Plugging and Patching Tires...former Boy Scout redeems himself.
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 08:40:33 PM »
I don't have a garage. Or a shed. Or even a level parking spot. My house is on the beach and built on stilts. On the property, at it's highest point, where it rarely floods, I have a platform upon which the bike sits.

But y'all point is taken, and maybe I'll bring it in to have done by a professional while it still is holding pressure.

House on the beach, I'll take that and chance it on the plug holding...  ;)   :thumbs:

Offline seanmcva

Re: Plugging and Patching Tires...former Boy Scout redeems himself.
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
Thanks all for the detailed, informative replies. I feel comfortable riding plugged on my newish tires now. I'll carry the plugger always now. If I decide to tear up the tailof the dragon again, I'll get new tires. Cheers.

Offline CrashGordon

Re: Former Boy Scout disgraces motorcycling community...
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »
That's true, but that falls in the category of "botched repairs."

Yes, but a failure is a failure when you're stranded on the side of the road. The problem is that the repair is easier to botch if you don't see the nail come out (which is likely if you let it go too long and it either comes out on its own or gets pushed inside). And a botched repair is harder to fix than the original problem.