Author Topic: Need help programming spare fob  (Read 10908 times)

Offline pistole

Re: Need help programming spare fob
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
aahhh, the solution then is to get the dealer to read the manual. Isn't that what the labor charges cover? Reading the book then doing the work? Good luck with your dealer.

- never !!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 06:16:29 PM »
aahhh, the solution then is to get the dealer to read the manual.

Somebody's gotta read the damn manual!!!!!  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Makz58

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »
Thanks for the video, Makz!

No problem hope it helps you out...
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 06:29:19 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 06:30:36 AM »
Somebody's gotta read the damn manual!!!!!  :)

Maybe there's a Cliffs notes version?    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 06:31:17 AM »
What would you?

I was wondering the same thing but decided not to ask, thinking maybe his mind was just floating around...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:07 AM »
Maybe there's a Cliffs notes version?    ;)

It will be nice if there were an English version.  Hmm, it has been two more model years since... maybe they have corrected it.  I should check it out.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 06:44:04 AM »
I was wondering the same thing but decided not to ask, thinking maybe his mind was just floating around...

I'm sure that's the case. Be gentle with it should it float past you at some point, just nudge it back in Jim's general direction, he may need it at some point...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 07:12:52 AM »
What would you?

This is the wrong thread for questions...

But to answer, bill the dealer for the video training.  :D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline SylvainBeauvais

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 05:42:57 AM »
This is the wrong thread for questions...

But to answer, bill the dealer for the video training.  :D

Maybe I should bill them for the personalized training.

Funny thing is, when the dealer told me he didn't know how to program the small fob, I asked him if it was the first time in 5 years that a customer bought a spare key for the C14 and his answer was:

"No, but usually people buy the large $200 fob..."

This leads me to believe that when they program a large fob, they do not do the procedure to program the emergency transponder that is integrated to the large fob.

Thank God for this forum and special thanks to all you guys. You've all been very helpful!!

Sylvain
Sylvain
2013 C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 05:53:49 AM »
We're really not supposed to be helpful here.  We'll have to work on that..   ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »
Warn the bright stealership employees the FOB has mad pow-ah !
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 08:34:51 AM »
Maybe I should bill them for the personalized training.

Funny thing is, when the dealer told me he didn't know how to program the small fob, I asked him if it was the first time in 5 years that a customer bought a spare key for the C14 and his answer was:

"No, but usually people buy the large $200 fob..."

This leads me to believe that when they program a large fob, they do not do the procedure to program the emergency transponder that is integrated to the large fob.

Thank God for this forum and special thanks to all you guys. You've all been very helpful!!

Sylvain

I'll bet that you are right!

Offline Riverdawg

• Guten Tag... Again
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 01:14:55 PM »
Yeah and you end up with a big fob that won't work with a dead battery.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
Yeah and you end up with a big fob that won't work with a dead battery.

Exactly.  I bet that is exactly what they and probably many other dealerships do.

Offline SylvainBeauvais

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 09:27:50 AM »
I can't believe this!

The service advisor at my dealer told me he asked Kawasaki Canada how to program a spare fob. The answer he was given by Kawasaki still baffles me:

"You cannot program those small fobs. We've been on the phone for a few hours with another dealer, trying to figure it out and it never worked."  ???

Anyway, I showed the video to the service advisor and I can only hope that his technician will be able to follow the simple instructions...
Sylvain
2013 C14

Offline speed545

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 12:53:45 PM »
damn, run away from this dealer.

drive to Nadon Sport in the St Eustache area, they ll be able to program it

you gave me another reason NOT to have a dealer look at the bike

08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2013, 05:29:58 AM »
I can't believe this!

The service advisor at my dealer told me he asked Kawasaki Canada how to program a spare fob. The answer he was given by Kawasaki still baffles me:

"You cannot program those small fobs. We've been on the phone for a few hours with another dealer, trying to figure it out and it never worked."  ???

Anyway, I showed the video to the service advisor and I can only hope that his technician will be able to follow the simple instructions...

Did you show them the document from this post of mine?

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1560.msg16308#msg16308

This refers to the large fobs but the programming of the large fob's RFID section is the same for the slimline fobs.

Offline SylvainBeauvais

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
This is getting ridiculous. They followed the instructions I provided (Kawasaki KDS 3.0 booklet and the Youtube video) and they were able to program the slim line fobs.

...they just forgot to reprogram the emergency transponder in the large fob while programming the slim line fobs. I will get them to reprogram all three upon my next oil change.

Anyway, they were very thankful for the instructions and I hope the next Concours owner who buys a spare fob from them will not have to go through what I had to go through.

Even though their technical abilities when it comes to KIPASS are somewhat non-existant, their customer service is above par and they have done the programming for free.
Sylvain
2013 C14

Offline garfield1974

• Kawaski GTR 1400 2008
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 02:13:21 PM »
This is getting ridiculous. They followed the instructions I provided (Kawasaki KDS 3.0 booklet and the Youtube video) and they were able to program the slim line fobs.

Where did you get that one ?

I think I will have same problem soon with my Service  ;D