Author Topic: Throttle Tamer, didn't know what I was missing  (Read 44519 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Throttle Tamer, didn't know what I was missing
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 09:00:59 AM »
I see on there web site multiple cam profile choices for the tamer....did you just go with what comes as standard or did you use a different one? Want to make sure I am ordering the right one. Thanks

My understanding is that the multi cam system is for racing and some of the cams are actually more aggressive. The "tamer" is a different product and only one model for our bike. As Conrad said the site seems to be down or I would post the link to the exact product I bought.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »
My understanding is that the multi cam system is for racing and some of the cams are actually more aggressive. The "tamer" is a different product and only one model for our bike. As Conrad said the site seems to be down or I would post the link to the exact product I bought.

Yep, they only make one 'Tamer' that works on our bikes.

http://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-street-tamer-throttle-tube/
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Makz58

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 07:15:16 AM »
Thanks guy's.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 08:41:58 AM »
Yep, they only make one 'Tamer' that works on our bikes.

http://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-street-tamer-throttle-tube/

I'm finally set in getting this thing. So after yesterday's glitch with their site, I finally got to it and they seem to offer yet another option called Quick Turn Throttle Tube. Anybody knows something about it?
I'm intersted in decreasing the angle of rotation of the grip that is necessary to achieve full throttle, but I think that increasing the cam radius will also increase the effort that has to be applied. Thoughts?
Besides, does this Quick Turn variant include the "taming" function?
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »
I'm finally set in getting this thing. So after yesterday's glitch with their site, I finally got to it and they seem to offer yet another option called Quick Turn Throttle Tube. Anybody knows something about it?
I'm intersted in decreasing the angle of rotation of the grip that is necessary to achieve full throttle, but I think that increasing the cam radius will also increase the effort that has to be applied. Thoughts?
Besides, does this Quick Turn variant include the "taming" function?

Where did you see this on their site Martin?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 10:00:47 AM »
I'm finally set in getting this thing

Damnit.  OK, I ordered one now too.  Maybe my friend can help install it one day.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
It's easy, just use an X-acto knife to cut the heated grips off and yer done.  I can be down there to help in short order. ::)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »
It's easy, just use an X-acto knife to cut the heated grips off and yer done.  I can be down there to help in short order. ::)

:yikes:
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »
I take it that's a no, eh?  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 04:32:05 AM »

Take your Canyon Cages with you Jim, mayhaps Max can help you install em?   :stirpot:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 05:42:22 AM »
Take your Canyon Cages with you Jim, mayhaps Max can help you install em?   :stirpot:

LOL!

Yeah, that was "fun"

You know he won't install them until AFTER he drops the bike...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »
That really is on the slate for this fall.  With all the work I've been doing, everything is being pushed back, although I did adjust my suspension and put my heavier bar ends back on this past weekend.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
That really is on the slate for this fall.  With all the work I've been doing, everything is being pushed back, although I did adjust my suspension and put my heavier bar ends back on this past weekend.

why's that, Jim? and what's the effect?
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 10:03:36 AM »
For the vibration I've been getting on the right side.  I don't know if it has helped or not as I haven't been out on the bike since I put them back on.  I'll know this week as I may have some clients that I'll ride out to if the weather cooperates.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2013, 01:08:31 PM »
My Throttle Tamer arrived yesterday.  The packaging had the wrong bike listed (some 650 thing) so I had to call, but they said it was just a labeling mistake- that 650 uses the same end cam as the Concours, although the tube is different (and would be red).

Maybe I will attempt to install it after Jim installs his Canyons.....

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »
In other words...ain't gonna happen?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »
Darn this site telling me about products I didn't even know I needed!  Just placed an order, I have noticed the jerkiness of the throttle before but was just living with it.  BTW, you can order it off Amazon for $64 shipped in the US: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031742QC/ref=ox_ya_os_product but only a few left in stock. 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
Darn this site telling me about products I didn't even know I needed!  Just placed an order, I have noticed the jerkiness of the throttle before but was just living with it.  BTW, you can order it off Amazon for $64 shipped in the US: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031742QC/ref=ox_ya_os_product but only a few left in stock.

Please note that listing does not show the correct cam for the Concours application, which is SF4.  Of course, it looks like there are many listings on there, all with the same photo and "400" Cam with just the "Application" changed.  Rather confusing.