Author Topic: Neon Valve Caps  (Read 3571 times)

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Neon Valve Caps
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:48:08 AM »
Installed a set of the StreetFX neon valve caps (light up as you move) in BEAUTIFUL BLUE of course, yesterday.

Looked nice, but today when I go riding off I get a "low rear tire" warning. I do a 360 and head back to the garage. Eyeball every square inch of the tire and can't find any punctures, feel any air. WTF?

Filled up the tire again, checked pressure, left the neon valve cap off this time. Pressure stayed where it should and I rode into work only a little late. I'm thinking the valve cap was my problem but not sure why or how it did this.

I'm sure no one here will have any opinions on this topic at all  ;D  Zero, zip, nada.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Neon Valve Caps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:52:48 AM »
I'm sure no one here will have any opinions on this topic at all  ;D  Zero, zip, nada.

OK, I'll bite:
Displaying blue lights on a vehicle, on public streets, is very ILLEGAL.  Don't be surprised when you get ticketed.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »
Neon valve caps?

:popcorn:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
Neon valve caps?

sv650s night ride.

Yeesh.  Love this one:  KAWASAKI LED LIGHT KITS BY ALL THINGS CHROME

1) Idiot
2) Shorts
3) No jacket
4) No gloves
5) Hand on hip (of course- gotta get that in there at some point)
6) Might as well be wearing flip-flops
7) Idiot!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline JetJock

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 09:40:27 AM »
Neon valve caps?

:popcorn:

They were cheap and cute. Little neon LED light. What? You guys don't make impulse purchases?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
I bought some of these for my three grandsons to put on their bicycles. They really like em. They said to me, "Opa, why don't you get some for your motorcycle that would be way cool."

I just smiled and said, "Maybe I will."

not.

To each their own. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JetJock

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
I bought some of these for my three grandsons to put on their bicycles. They really like em. They said to me, "Opa, why don't you get some for your motorcycle that would be way cool."

I just smiled and said, "Maybe I will."

not.

To each their own.

Well I took them off after the low tire pressure warning yesterday. Tire has been fine since. Something about the design (too long?) was causing a slow leak. Cute but not worth the hassle of finding myself stranded somedamnplace.

Offline koval68

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
They were cheap and cute. Little neon LED light. What? You guys don't make impulse purchases?
You need a boombox strapped to the rack to go with those cute,little neon LED lights. ;) ;D
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 10:08:09 AM »
You need a boombox strapped to the rack to go with those cute,little neon LED lights. ;) ;D

And a mohawk on your helmet......

:rotflmao:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »
Some people proabably tape playing cards to their front forks too if they're running the stealth potato launcher, puts off a really mean bike sound....

Just bustin yer balls JJ, if you like it that's all that matters brutha!  8)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:14:40 PM by ZG »