Author Topic: Givi E55 with Corbin Seat  (Read 7544 times)

Offline TonyR

Givi E55 with Corbin Seat
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »
A little dilemma I'm having and maybe Phil can shine in a little light on the subject.

My 08, I have a Russell seat with a Givi E52 attached to one of the earlier models (full plate) Phil's rack. To the rack I have also attached a backrest.
Current setup works perfectly for my wife in the back seat.

My new 13 came with a Corbin seat that I would actually like to try, but here's the problem; the Corbin seat if further back an additional 3 inches compared to the Russel. l can't move the rack back any further because there are no more holes or a place to make additional homes on the rack.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Phil, do you have or can you make a longer rack so it can mount further back?

Thanks
Tony

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
Re: Givi E55 with Corbin Seat
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:10:27 AM »
Tony, could you post photos of the rack on the bike to show the relationship to the seat? From your description I don't think it's mine, but there's always an option.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
Here is a picture on my 2012.i made a rack out of aluminum  and  made it alittle bit longer so I could move my givi 55 back to give me clearance for the Corbin back rest,this way my wife can lean back and be comfortable.

Offline TonyR

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:25:56 PM »
Here is a picture on my 2012.i made a rack out of aluminum  and  made it alittle bit longer so I could move my givi 55 back to give me clearance for the Corbin back rest,this way my wife can lean back and be comfortable.

That's nice, but I don't think I want it that far back. Thanks for the pics.

Offline TonyR

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:27:41 PM »
Tony, could you post photos of the rack on the bike to show the relationship to the seat? From your description I don't think it's mine, but there's always an option.

Phil... if it isn't yours, I'm not sure who else made racks in here. I could swear it was from you, but it was so long ago, I can't be sure. Maybe I'm getting old too... nah... can't be that :)

Tony

Offline TonyR

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »
Phil, you can look at the pictures I took here:
http://webdev.craftech.com/tony/rack/

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 07:31:18 AM »
That's not my rack, my guess is it's "home-made" by someone. I can provide rails similar to these to allow you to re-locate the rack to the rear somewhat. Given the extra holes in your rack, you should be able to find a good position.

Offline TonyR

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 09:45:43 PM »
Phil... that's interesting... who ever made racks in here? I really thought you sold me this one.
Those brackets could work, but I'm not sure how it would look with the rack sticking up on top of that??? Not sure I would like it?

Also, I wasn't planning on keeping my rack on the 08. I think I'll leave it on the bike and sell it with the trunk.

You don't have a rack that's 11 or 12" long? Maybe you could start now?

Tony

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »
The rails add 1/2" in height, cheaper and easier than making a really long rack for the few people that need one. There are some people who make racks with slotted holes but that only adds an inch or so of adjustment.  Yours was probably made by someone like me with hobby metal working tools.