Author Topic: Airhawk for sale SOLD!!  (Read 3809 times)

sailor_chic

Airhawk for sale SOLD!!
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »
Im selling my brand new Airhawk R. Yes it has been out of the box, and I test rode it. It has 15 miles on it and I took it off. It just isn't for me. Still have the box and all the paperwork, and it is in perfect, brand new condition.

$145
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:48:25 AM by sailor_chic »

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Airhawk for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:42:58 PM »
*bump* for the great deal.

This airhawk R product is how i did 900 miles days on a stock KLR seat coast to coast on enduro tires.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »
Im selling my brand new Airhawk R. Yes it has been out of the box, and I test rode it. It has 15 miles on it and I took it off. It just isn't for me. Still have the box and all the paperwork, and it is in perfect, brand new condition.

$145

I'm not sure that 15 miles is a proper test, I think 500 would be better. However the differences between the typical male derriere and the typical female derriere have been well documented so that could no doubt be a factor in this case. If someone doesn't snap this up, then please do yourself a favor and give it more testing at different (lower) air amounts before lowering your price.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...... BUMP!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:26:12 AM »
I'm not sure that 15 miles is a proper test, I think 500 would be better. However the differences between the typical male derriere and the typical female derriere have been well documented so that could no doubt be a factor in this case. If someone doesn't snap this up, then please do yourself a favor and give it more testing at different (lower) air amounts before lowering your price.

^^^excellent suggestion, you shouldn't even feel the airhawk under you, paper thickness or a tad more on the air and thats it.  I let mine out all the way by accident a few times setting it up properly
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 12:31:57 PM »
I have found that distance estimate to be a pretty good marker; I actually use time and go for 10 hours in the saddle. If I can ride a motorcycle for 10 hours and not have any specific area of pain (not talking about any general discomfort), I find I can ride it open- ended at that point. But if some part of me is getting my attention (Easy Boys- not 'those' parts) before that amount of time then I have to find and eliminate the cause of the problem or it will just get worse.

An Airhawk was the final, 'magic' ingredient for long distance riding on the C-14 for me but it did take me two purchases, with one return, to find out how to use one properly, at least properly for me. Just enough air to float me off the saddle but no more- if it feels like a 'bag of air' under me, then it is substantially over- inflated.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline bikelee

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
Is this cushion still for sale ? PMed you.

elp_jc

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
A related question: Is the 'R' model the right one for the Concours? There're 7 different ones, and that 'R' is supposedly for cruisers, which have very different seats than a sport-touring bike. Just curious which is the 'right' model, in case I need such a thing. Another observation: all prices were below a $100, and the price of this listing was mentioned as a bargain. Maybe I looked at the wrong product, but would like to know which is the right application (p/n please ;D) for the Connie. Thx.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »
A related question: Is the 'R' model the right one for the Concours? There're 7 different ones, and that 'R' is supposedly for cruisers, which have very different seats than a sport-touring bike. Just curious which is the 'right' model, in case I need such a thing. Another observation: all prices were below a $100, and the price of this listing was mentioned as a bargain. Maybe I looked at the wrong product, but would like to know which is the right application (p/n please ;D) for the Connie. Thx.

Wow, if you found it for that, buy them up! Here's another 'off the wall' price..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Airhawk-R-Cruiser-Seating-System-with-Cover-Motocycle-Airhawk-Cushion-/131464996882?hash=item1e9beca812&vxp=mtr
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 03:00:06 PM »

you want the R

elp_jc

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »
you want the R
Thanks man. And I got the prices from what seems the legitimate AirHawk website, but will look more into it if I need help with the seat after my first trip. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend folks.