Author Topic: Heli Horizon ST install on a 2010  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Armyguns

Heli Horizon ST install on a 2010
« on: June 11, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
Yesterday (Sunday, 10 June) I had the pleasure of meeting Harry Eddy, his lovely wife Cindy, Jennifer and a couple of the other Heli folks while they installed the ST bars on my bike.  This was at the Harley dealer in Meridith, NH for Laconia Bike Week.  I was more than an hour early for the install appointment but they took me right away- of course being the first appointment for the day helped!  I've been fooling around with wedges, wedges and risers, pull back risers, and pull back risers with wedges.  Each was an incremental improvement when paired with a Spencer modified seat.  Since getting the Russell Day Long, they were just not working for me due to the seat moving me up and back.  I had hoped the ST's were going to be the final solution.  Harry and his helper (I really don't remember his name) worked on the bike together, all the while keeping up a running commentary with me on the evolution of the bars, his background and his own Concours.  It took them close to three hours for the install and custom adjustment for me.  I rode around a bit up there (WAY TOO CROWDED) and then headed to Londonderry for dinner with my brother.  This morning I drove back to NJ - a bit over 300 miles- and I can say the limiting factor is now an empty gas tank, not seat or handlebar comfort.  Others have said it, they are not cheap, but if you want the most comfortable bar interface with an unbelievable range of adjustability there is no substitute.  I should have done this much sooner. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Heli Horizon ST install on a 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
I should have done this much sooner.

They weren't available ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline blanton

• Rural East TEXAS
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38:32 AM »
Glad you are enjoying your new bars...adjustability is a good thing...
77 KZ900 (still riding) 05 C10, 2010 C14

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »
Post pictures when You can.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.