Author Topic: Braided lines questions... Need your help.  (Read 8925 times)

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
Re: Braided lines question...
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 02:47:25 AM »
Well, since you asked, and we all know how you like black. Here is a site for you, that will just possibly top off your ride. ;)

http://helusa.com/

And I dare you to choose from one of their 19 colours ;D

After scrolling through all 20+ pages of Kawasaki, I am not seeing a kit for an 09 Concours. It is possible that I missed it, all the numbers started blending together after about 4-5 pages.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
Does anyone have Spiegler brake lines, and can you accurately measure tho OUTSIDE diameter? Needs to be an accurate measurment, without compressing the line,  as in MM or thousandts of an inch?   
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
Thank you Phil for making me some of those blocks in your pics prior in this thread, you da'man!!  8)

For everyone I have another question that I need help on...
My bike is an ABS model, for those of you that have ABS did you re-use the blocks where the soft line and hard line meet?? There are 2 of these connections up front and one on the back, see pics below...

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:10:46 PM by ZG »

Offline Cuda

Re: Braided lines questions... Need your help.
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
I hear you ZG when I called Spiegler about my clutch line, they said send us your old one and tell us how much longer you need it? 
Now I under stand the how much longer you need it , but someone should sell Spiegler lines  and know what ends and lengths we need instead of every time someone wants a line they have to start this **** all over again?
The lines only cost about $50 some,  I guess not enough mark up for anyone to care?
I would say lose those blocks , that is what I was going to do , But I know nothing about these lines (blocks), so my opinion is worthless, anyone know for sure?
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »
Well I dropped my Connie off at the shop today, they're pulling all my lines and shipping them to Spiegler so that they can make me up a matching set in smoke colored braided lines with black banjo's...  8)

I still need ideas/thoughts on these blocks below in the pics I posted, if I can't find a solution I'm gonna have to tell Spiegler to some how re-use those blocks, those connections (blocks) are needed for the hard lines to connect back into the soft lines for the ABS I believe...  :-\

Why do I feel like I'm always the guinea pig with this bike...  :banghead:

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
After scrolling through all 20+ pages of Kawasaki, I am not seeing a kit for an 09 Concours. It is possible that I missed it, all the numbers started blending together after about 4-5 pages.
[/quot

Yeah, alot of pages to go through. You may have to custom order it, had a friend of mine have to do that. A bit pricey for me but some just have the money no object state of mind. :o
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline Cuda

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 10:31:24 PM »
The hand brake is EL-0620-032-610 mine is what they call Clear/Silver
Silver 2011 bike
They knew what to make because that is the LSL required part # and they don't use any blocks ? I guess Phil's idea will work , Hey Phil I need two also ;)
 Tell them to keep the part #'s so anyone else can just order without BS.
Thanks JJ

www.spieglerusa.com
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:20:59 AM by Cuda »
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
The hand brake is EL-0620-032-610 mine is what they call Clear/Silver
Silver 2011 bike
They knew what to make because that is the LSL required part # and they don't use any blocks ? I guess Phil's idea will work , Hey Phil I need two also ;)
 When you send them in I need a clutch line Clear/Silver about three inches longer .
 Tell them to keep the part #'s so anyone else can just order without BS.
Thanks JJ

www.spieglerusa.com

Hey Cuda,
Since yours is obviously an ABS model if a 2011 what did you do about the blocks I mentioned where the hard and soft lines connect to each other??

Offline Cuda

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2012, 12:16:06 AM »
To be honest I did not hook the new line up yet I just unbolted the top blocks to get enough hose so I could use the bike  :)
I just looked at the clutch line and you could order the same line as the brake line and you will have PLENTY of hose, that is what I'm going to do .
 Now If you want to get real annal I guess you could send in those lines and see IF they have a block to put on there to match OEM ,(so it would be REAL secure) I would send pictures first if that is what YOU want to do, but It looks to me that you unscrew the hard line from the block and then attach the new line to the hard line with out blocks,  because it is a female fitting on that end that looks like it will fit.
I bought the LSL handlebar kit used it did not come with Instructions , but Spiegler said LSL calls for this part #?
I'm sure others on this site have done the LSL conversion ask them , on the other forum,  cog-online that guy started a thread about LSL's ask him about the blocks.
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

Already have (spent money on more worthwhile), running out of things to buy for this bike...  :banghead:

You don't have a tyre hugger yet do you, solo boy?
2012 Midnight Sapphire Blue 1400GTR
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »
You don't have a tyre hugger yet do you, solo boy?

;D ;)