Author Topic: New from Québec. Comments on my mod's  (Read 2410 times)

RobQc

New from Québec. Comments on my mod's
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
Hi everyone, I registered only few weeks before the Forum went down.  That C14 ABS (2010) is really the best bike I’ve had up to now.  Every minute on it is a pure pleasure.  I did some mod’s during winter time and the 700 mi. ride I did last weekend with my wife confirmed that money was well spent.  The 4 major changes I did were picked based on comments I read on the Forum.  Here they are:

PR2’s: Nothing new here for you…What a change from the OEM’s.  I have a new bike.  The feeling, grip and smoother transition from side to side… I also got to ride in heavy rain and never felt unsecure at any moment.  Grip was good.  On grooved pavement it felt steady.  No wavy feel.    Pressure: 42 psig cold F/R

Seat:  I went for the Baldwin leather w/gel pads for rider and passenger.  I was curious to get on the bike for a long ride.  Touching it, I wasn’t sure since it seems firm, maybe too much was my first thought.  That’s before I got on.  I normally stopped after about 2 hours for stretching and relief ‘’lower back’’ with the stock seat.  I’ve been 3 hours on before we stopped for some water last weekend.  Even my wife was surprised.  This was my first ride of the season.  No mileage under the belt this year before last weekend escept for a short 75 miles ride.  No pain where we were used to have some.  Still expensive but not regrets at all and wife is happy. Me too.   ;D

Givi55 with Admore light kit:  I was always lacking storage when riding with friends last summer.  My AlpineStar coat is quite bulky and barely fits in saddlebags.  We left for the weekend and every space on the bike were packed up.  Amazing all the things we’ve been able to pack in.  The other plus is the 2 helmets I will be able to hide in when doing one day rides.  For the paint match, I went with the Burgman Blue.  As ‘’stevewfl’’ said about his, nobody will notice except if you tell them.  I forgot… I installed it on a Premier Cycle rack.  Nice look and good fit, sturdy.  I added the passenger backrest.  Comments are that it does a good job and good to have it.

CalSci Large model: I’m 6 ft. tall and 34 inseam.  Like many of you, turbulences and pushing forward pressure on me were kind of bothering.  The CalSci proved to be good at eliminating both problems.  When full up, everything becomes quiet, calm.  No more turbulence.  That was a good buy.

I still have to replace the bulbs by the Phillips Vision +80 extreme from Muphs.  I didn’t have the time before I left.  Another thing that I will do… replace the timid horn Kawasaki installed on these bikes.  I wouldn’t call it a horn.  I don’t even hear it at 60 mph.   Stebel Nautilus seems to do the real job but based on warnings and comments, I’m almost afraid to scare myself every time I’ll use it.  I don’t know what to install in order to avoid some heart attack but still loud enough.  If you have one to suggest, your suggestions are welcome.

Robin

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: New from Québec. Comments on my mod's
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:13:52 AM »
All look good. I went with a V-Stream and a Sargent seat, plus a V46 Givi to discourage the wife from packing too much or buying too many souvenirs  ;D

Offline koval68

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:14:14 AM »
You're on the right track, friend!  :chugbeer:
 :offtopic: I hear horror stories about the annual cost of the license plate renewal in Quebec! How much for C-14?
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
Sounds good!