Author Topic: An awkward moment you have encountered  (Read 1309 times)

Offline AlexJohnson

An awkward moment you have encountered
« on: March 20, 2022, 10:59:09 PM »
Hey guys! We all have at least one or some awkward moment in our life, right? It could be funny or totally embarrassing. But it’s over. So now, let’s feel free to share it with us and have a look back :D

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: An awkward moment you have encountered
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 03:20:30 AM »
That time I was out for a ride and saw a friend of mine also out for a ride, so I dropped in behind him and we spent 45 mins blasting the twisties before he pulled over into a parking area, got off, stomped over to me and shouted "Why the **** are you following me?" Turns out it wasn't my friend after all. Was someone else with the same make/model bike, similar leathers and similar registration tag. I apologised profusely and luckily I had a pic of my friend and his bike on my phone, so could prove why I'd been following him. We had a laugh about it and went our separate ways.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 04:17:59 AM »
This was on the C14...many years I stopped in the mid-west to fuel and get something to eat.  A young woman in a VW went by me and gave me the thumbs up and said 'Nice BMW!'...sigh.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 05:38:08 AM »
This was on the C14...many years I stopped in the mid-west to fuel and get something to eat.  A young woman in a VW went by me and gave me the thumbs up and said 'Nice BMW!'...sigh.

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if my bike was a BMW...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 03:44:29 PM »
I have a "KMW" roundel sticker I got quite awhile ago on my blue 2001 C-10. I get more than a few Beemer folks asking about how I got that color BMW they've never seen before. A Kawasaki dealer salesman walked by and commented too one time about my nice Beemer.

As far as awkward moments. I guy I worked with one time asked another coworkers wife when she was due.......she wasn't.

COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 12:19:56 PM »
I was once asked, when wearing a kilt in my younger days, "are you from Britaly or something?"
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »
My wife once ran over and got into a car, two old ladies looked at her funny, it wasn't our car.

She also once stopped at a garage sale and was walking around looking at all the stuff outside the garage when a guy came over and asked what she was doing, she said she was looking at his stuff for sale, he said he was cleaning out his garage....
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2022, 03:39:20 PM »
Riding my brother’s R100RT he wanted me to buy.
Largest bike before that I had ridden was a Suzuki T350
with mechanical front drum brake.
Never, never, NEVER use the hydraulic disc front brake at slow speed when pulling into a gas station driveway with the handlebars in a turn.
Yes, I did buy the bike.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 03:34:15 AM »
I've done that on my Indian....in fact more than once.  Didn't go well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 08:08:28 AM »
I am married to a good friends ex wife, and yes, we are still friends. However, at one point I worked for her father as he was the CEO of the company I was employed at from 2008-1010.

I had met him a few times prior as Phils father in law at cookouts, then as my boss...

when Angie and I started dating 5 yrs ago, he had us over for thanksgiving. Her aunt was there, and of course... was like 'hey! we remember you.. how's Phil? '  :o

I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline Cuda

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 06:35:15 PM »
Drove close to gas pump never got off bike, filled up driving away one of those 6 inch protection posts kissed my saddle bag pushing the bike towards the right

I snapped the bike to correct... I pulled too hard and ended up on the ground... >:(
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline FTB530

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 06:34:25 PM »
I had just came out of the grocery store shopping and I was trying to unlock my pick up to put the food inside and just as I noticed something in the seat that wasn’t mine and realized I wasn’t in my pick up a lady behind me said what the hell are you doing, I actually walked her over and showed her that I have the exact same pick up color and everything and she kind of mellowed out.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 05:04:46 AM »
I've done that a time or two  lol.