Author Topic: Next bike  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Cuda

Next bike
« on: January 08, 2022, 11:02:53 AM »
I bought a used ZERO S extra battery version 14.4 VS 7.2 a few months ago, looking for a bike to drive around town and take with the RV

In 4-5 years when batteries get better they will be alright but until then no way...

So I've been looking at the options and the 650 Versys looks to be the winner with air protection and lower weight, power.

Not selling the 1400 but an extra toy. 
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

Re: Next bike
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 06:35:40 AM »
Looking at the V-Storm also Yamaha sells a 700 in Europe but only a 900 here.
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 04:56:31 PM »
900 Yamaha tracer. friend of mine has one, it does everything well and is an absolute pleasure to ride.  Just tossing it out there.
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline FTB530

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 10:44:01 AM »
Yamaha has a Tenere 700 in the U.S., so they say you won't find one in a dealer lol

Offline Cuda

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 07:08:15 PM »
Pretty sure It will be the VStrom I like what I read about the motor, think they are ugly but so it goes...

I'm going to Daytona bike week to see the 200-mile race hopefully some bikes will be on display, don't really need the better off-road capacity of the Yamaha at 67 my off-road days are over,

I like the Adventure model It has big aluminum bags crash bars LED fog lights not bad for $10,000   and 200 lb lighter than our ZG's

Started looking at 350 lb bikes because I want easy on easy off for the RV but I also want something that's safe with wind protection for highway use.

https://youtu.be/i-tPYiBBvc8
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline FTB530

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 08:40:42 PM »
I want a second bike and think i found what i want, not sire if it is even available yet, but when it is ill order one, Kawasaki ninja zx-4r.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 10:53:42 PM »
Never heard of a motor spinning 17,000 RPM, that's special... not what I'm looking for BUT special ...

https://www.motorida.online/2021/10/boom-all-new-ninja-zx-4r-400cc-4.html
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 10:12:20 AM »
just fyi, ive ridden a few 650 v stroms. while i LOVED my 1st gen SV, i always found the v-stroms to just be.. uninspiring turds overall. Incredibly mundane middleweights that are not great at really anything but satisfactory at most things.  I mean, i get it for a utility sort of bike but....  to the point, i had a gladius that i taught my (now wife on) that i literally gave away last year. Nothing wrong with it, but certainly nothing great either. same driveline.
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline Cuda

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 09:13:19 AM »
Sounds fine for what I need, It's a bike to take with the MH, drive around town, I want to stay under 500lb. for easy on and off, almost 68 now my needs are changing ;)

From what I see it has a lot lower torque peak, when I go out west I'll be on some dirt roads but don't plan on any serious off-roading. 
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 09:07:01 PM »
I love my 2003 Connie, but they're going to have to pry my 2007 Wee-Strom out of my cold dead hands.

To each his own.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 09:47:58 AM »
900 Yamaha tracer. friend of mine has one, it does everything well and is an absolute pleasure to ride.  Just tossing it out there.

Yeah after looking them over I need a test ride, Hopefully, at bike week I'll get my chance, the dealer near me closed up due to Covid,

I see it has some real power cruise control ... very modern.
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 01:32:04 PM »
 :)

Offline Cuda

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 07:14:44 AM »
When I saw 115 HP and 485lb full of gas all the latest electronics center stand cruise control quick shifter, the only thing missing is shaft drive...

The only thing I don't like is the price It's what a new C14 is :'(

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/tracer-9-gt
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2022, 10:13:49 AM »
the only thing missing is shaft drive...

And electric adjustable windscreen, and fairing-mounted mirrors, and more side wind protection, and glovebox.  It seems more adventure crossover than sport-touring, to me.  But all the lines are blurred nowadays.  Personally, I think it is pretty ugly (especially the front), and also don't like the digital-only dash.  But it certainly packs in the features (and price).  Probably easier to work on, too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline m in sc

• 2 stroke world
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 09:44:50 AM »
ive worked on my friends, its easy to live with. and they def tour well.  Like i've said, it sone of the best all around 'swiss army' knife bikes i've ever ridden, and it has plenty of balls. modern chains need much less attention too.

the contenders were fjrs, triumph tigers, klr, etc, this one for the money was the best as all the features he wanted (my friend david) came standard.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 07:10:32 AM »
And electric adjustable windscreen, and fairing-mounted mirrors, and more side wind protection, and glovebox.  It seems more adventure crossover than sport-touring, to me.  But all the lines are blurred nowadays.  Personally, I think it is pretty ugly (especially the front), and also don't like the digital-only dash.  But it certainly packs in the features (and price).  Probably easier to work on, too.

Max I'm not getting rid of the Big girl but would like a lightweight toy, I'm pushing 70 and I plan on putting a bigger windshield on whatever I buy, I'm spoiled ...

I started this search  wanting a 350 to 400 lb to take RVing, the ZERO electric bike has way to little range, then looking at 70 to 80HP for most bikes I was looking at

The Yamaha is all updated in 2021 from frame to electronics, looks like a keeper, just don't like the price.

I got a old 400 Burgman, they are 475lb.
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver