Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving my friends  (Read 792 times)

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Happy Thanksgiving my friends
« on: November 25, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
Stuffed yet? I am and sleepy!

Any great black friday deals you want to share?

Our local Pepboys is not having the oil deals anymore. Too bad.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Happy Thanksgiving my friends
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 09:25:15 AM »
And to you, also.
I am pretty stuffed from yesterday.

I don't "do" black Friday :)  That is incompatible with me waiting until the last minute to seek out presents.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 11:03:35 AM »
Well if that is the case. Wait till sunday and get the new hulu 99c/mo deal. It ends this weekend if I remember correctly.

That is the only deal I got.

And to you, also.
I am pretty stuffed from yesterday.

I don't "do" black Friday :)  That is incompatible with me waiting until the last minute to seek out presents.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 06:39:30 AM »
Well if that is the case. Wait till sunday and get the new hulu 99c/mo deal.

Under no circumstance will I be subjected to commercials.  I haven't been in 22 years.  As a side issue, I also haven't been subjected to horrible SD resolution or stereo sound in something like 15 years.

Netflix streaming is OK, I will enable it, watch for a few months and then discontinue for many months, then come back when they have content again.  Same thing with Netflix Disc- I will have it on for a few months until I catch up, then turn it off for 10 months or so.

Discovery+ is a joke.  Everything is in stereo only, and they have almost nothing current.  Discontinued the same day I enrolled.  Too bad, since most of my TV watching are things like nature, documentaries, science, science-fiction typically on cable/TiVo channels like: History, SciFi, NatGeo, and a few others.

I did just enroll in Disney+ a week ago so I could check them out.  Watched a few movies, then Loki (pretty good), now watching Mandalorian (also good but short).  Will watch WandaVision and perhaps some other Marvel stuff, then will discontinue.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 07:45:46 AM »
That's basically what I do.  I only enroll in Disney long enough to watch Mandalorian and then end it after that.  I watch Amazon Prime quite a bit  but have subscriptions to Acorn, Britbox, and Paramount +.  I can get current CBS shows with Paramount +.  CBS has been dropped from Dish in the DC area due to a price dispute.   As far as commercials go, I don't mind watching them if they are 'normal'.  Unfortunately with some of these streaming services, they play the same ones over and over and over again.  I'm paying extra for Paramount and Youtube to not get them.  I don't foresee adding any more pay services in the near future though.  I'm going to drop Dish once the current contract ends.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 04:38:27 PM »
You guys have far more streaming than I do. I need to catch up. I have never had hulu and thought I would give it a try. For 99c I don't mind a few of ads. You guys are spoilt.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »
You guys have far more streaming than I do. I need to catch up. I have never had hulu and thought I would give it a try. For 99c I don't mind a few of ads. You guys are spoilt.

I am absolutely spoiled.  I want good content with high picture quality and audio quality with no interruptions.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
+1.    I tried Hulu once some years back.  I lasted about 3 days with commercials.  Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 06:53:48 AM »
I have a cable package (TV, Broadband, landline phone) that works for my needs. It's not cheap at $136 per month but does include 350Mb/s download & 40Mb/s upload broadband which makes working from home a whole load easier.

I am so up to date (NOT!) on movies that I actually watched Venom (2018) on Sat night. <LOL>
I have looked at all of the streaming packages and they just are not worth it for me.
We have Amazon Prime for the next day stuff, but I've only used their streaming for The Grand Tour (Clarkson, May, Hammond).
I do occasionally download a free "Prime" book to my Kindle.

Hope y'all had a good long Thanksgiving weekend.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK