Author Topic: C14 Police Bar Risers  (Read 18837 times)

Offline Kas

C14 Police Bar Risers
« on: March 12, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »
Kawasaki Authority Sales has developed a new Bar Riser in a variety of heigths starting with our standard riser of 1 3/4 inches.  We also have a 2 1/4 inch riser that brings the bars back to the rider 2 inch, a 3 inch riser that brings the bars back to the rider 2 1/2 inches and a 4 inch riser that bring the bars back to the rider 3 inches.  All of the risers use the factory hoses and cables and DO NOT require extenders.

Kawasaki Authority Sales is the upfitter for the Michigan State Police test Kawasaki Concours, the L.A. Sheriff test Concours and the "Cycle World, Badge of Honor" Concours (sitting in our shop).

These "Bar Risers" were developed and are in use by police departments across the U.S.

One motor officers comment was that it makes his 10 hour shift seem like 6 hours. He said "I love the 3 inch bar risers, so if you were to take my bar risers away, you can take the bike too."

We are introducing these to the civilian Concours riders for model years 2008 to current and have all in stock now. (2008-09 can only use the standard 1 3/4 inch and the 4 inch bar risers due to glove box on the fuel tank) 

1 3/4 inch bar risers  $99.00.
2 1/4 inch bar risers  $300.00*
3 inch bar risers $325.00*
4 inch bar risers $350.00*

We offer a LED second brake light, harness, license plate frame with amber running lights for $295.00. (Fits C14 2008 to present)
We also offer the aluminum police saddlebag dividers for $95.00 each side. (Fit 2008-present)

All are plus freight and tax.  Canadian Concours riders contact us for a freight quote.       *PATENT PENDING
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:09:18 PM by Kas »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Police Bar Risers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
How about better product pictures. Maybe a link.

Offline Gsun

Re: C14 Police Bar Risers
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »
Great to see more options! Good on ya!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »
I like to see pics of the light setup for sure.  I really love my hyper lights, but I think they are getting tired of sending me new pods.    And like gP, a link would be helpfull.  And last, but not least, maybe a bar adapter similar to LSL, I bet they would be a hit, I know I love my LSLs, but I still have a void in my piggy bank :o

Offline jonathan

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
I am interested in the lights, but would like more details. Thanks.

Offline Andy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
Interested too  ;D !!!
God made some cops perfect, the rest he put in cars!
2009 ZG1400, Shoodaben MRP, V&H CS1, MCE bars, SE handlebars, CalSci X screen.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »
I likey...how about the mirrors?  Can we get the mirrors, sans red/blue lights of course?  It would be nice to have the signal lights work there as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
I likey...how about the mirrors?  Can we get the mirrors, sans red/blue lights of course?  It would be nice to have the signal lights work there as well.
+1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 12:28:03 PM »
I can see a lot of these cop upgrades on my bike assuming you can sell them to the general public....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 01:32:59 PM »
Here is a picture of the second taillight/brake light.  It comes with the harness to tie into the factory harness (some soldering required). The two small LED's can be amber or red.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »
Here is a picture of the second taillight/brake light.  It comes with the harness to tie into the factory harness (some soldering required). The two small LED's can be amber or red.

I assume that is a behind-the-license plate mounting deal?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
I don't know if the OP is just fishing or really wants to sell to the public. He has some interesting products but so far all we've seen is talk. He hasn't even provided a website or link. So are you serious or wasting our time? This is the only site I could find and I don't know if it's theirs.

http://www.kawasakipolice.com/

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »
Correct, it goes between the plate and the bike.  I should note that if you are using a fancy license plate frame with large lettering on the bottom of it, it will be a very tight fit with this light. 

@ gpink.  As the first post states, we designed these products for our police bike and thought we would offer them to the public.  We do not have them on a website so there is not a link I can give you.  I can give you probably 20 agencies that you call for reference on the risers if you would like.  Our business didn't need the advertising you are searching for when dealing with Agencies.

http://www.kawasakipolice.com/ is our website and https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kawasaki-Authority-Sales/172018146149154 is our Facebook page.

Selling our products to the public is not a problem other than red and blue emergency lights.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 05:00:43 PM »
Correct, it goes between the plate and the bike.  I should note that if you are using a fancy license plate frame with large lettering on the bottom of it, it will be a very tight fit with this light. 

@ gpink.  As the first post states, we designed these products for our police bike and thought we would offer them to the public.  We do not have them on a website so there is not a link I can give you.  I can give you probably 20 agencies that you call for reference on the risers if you would like.  Our business didn't need the advertising you are searching for when dealing with Agencies.

http://www.kawasakipolice.com/ is our website and https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kawasaki-Authority-Sales/172018146149154 is our Facebook page.

Selling our products to the public is not a problem other than red and blue emergency lights.
Thanks for the response. I helps to establish credibility in a less than credible internet world.

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »

Thanks for the response. I helps to establish credibility in a less than credible internet world.

I understand completely

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »
I spoke with David Hopkins of KAS extensively yesterday and spread the word to him about the forum here.  He has a great deal of knowledge and I figured the Kawasaki Authority Sales guys have a lot of products that are relatively unknown to us here.  Hopefully their website can be better organized for civilian interaction.  Take a look at their Facebook page, there are some good photos on there.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kawasaki-Authority-Sales/172018146149154
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:23:15 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »

Are these an LED board or TIR3 design?

Offline Cuda

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »
I bet you could sell a few police trunks ,radio box's whatever you call them , how much for trunk and back pads? any special mounts, are these the ones you have to cut the rear rack? lights to mount on trunks . Thanks jim 

PS PICTURES PLEASE !

Would we have to paint to match our bikes , leather ? I have a grey leather (fake) shake skin seat  could you match the back rest with same?
 just how big are they?       
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:24:38 PM by Cuda »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 07:22:23 PM »
Are these an LED board or TIR3 design?

They are Whelen series 500 brake light modules.  They are on low intensity as a taillight and when you step on the brake they quad flash and then burn on high intensity.  They get noticed with the flash for sure.

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
I bet you could sell a few police trunks ,radio box's whatever you call them , how much for trunk and back pads? any special mounts, are these the ones you have to cut the rear rack? lights to mount on trunks . Thanks jim

Jim,  the trunks are of the design (to make more room for radio equipment) that you have to cut your grab rails in back and add a rear support bar.  The trunks as they are have holes already in them for the rear facing emergency lights so they would have to be filled or lights put in them.  That would just add to the cost of the trunk which is about $800 plus $150 for backrest and top pads.  The pad can be optional if desired since we put the holes in the trunks for those.  I know it is a costly adventure for this trunk and admittedly it was never originally designed for civilian use, but to answer your question, yes we would sell them if someone wanted to buy one ( or two lol).

I will post some pictures of the trunk when I get back into the shop in the morning for you.  I don't believe the leather would be an issue with my seat guy.  He is amazing.
I hope this answers your question.