Author Topic: Battle of the CANS!  (Read 25862 times)

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Battle of the CANS!
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:33 AM »
Over here we have very few of the Butt Jewelry brigade with their straight pipes.
What we have instead is hordes of 50 & 125cc scooters with the baffles ripped out.
That's a really nasty sound, especially the 2 strokes.

We also have many 600-1000cc sports bikes running race "mufflers".
Many of those you can clearly hear as they accelerate up the nearest on-ramp which is only 1 and a half miles from my house.
When they do this at 6pm who cares?. At 2am they really p!$$ me off. :shoot: :nuts: :loco: :battle:

Now I have a 2 Bros on my C14 but I have the decency to keep the rpm and throttle opening low when others are asleep.
It's also nowhere near as loud as those race cans.

As for the "Saves Lives" bit, I do have to admit that I fitted the 2 Bros as I wanted to be able to let people know I was there whilst lanesplitting.
For that it works well as a blip of the throttle is far less "confrontational" than sounding the hooter.
Did it save my life?
Probably not, but it may well have saved me from dozy, cotton-wool wrapped, cellphone using, incompetent drivers pulling over into me.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Conrad

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:24 AM »
Macho is a good thing....right??? I am close to deaf, so I like my bikes a little louder so I can appreciate the...sound! But I guess that makes me wrong.

I can't imagine how that might have happened...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2012, 04:44:52 AM »
My Pipe will go too 11...never heard anyone complain about a quiet motorcycle...I'll just consider MY airbag as being manufactured by Two Bros..People don't hear quiet stuff...but volume speaks volume! When I'm in a crowd of snow birds on 95 I will intentionally go down a couple gears!! In environments where sound is louder than normal I will be quiet!!! as possible. There are noise regulations for a reason!!!!! People hear noise...no further investigation necessary! If people have the right to drive at 85 I have the right to be LOUD! IF it's Too Loud you're too OLD! hello Cleveland.

Thank god for all the sound deadening material put in my Acura RL..it helps block the noise I wouldn't be able to hear otherwise. And who needs ear protection at the shooting range... ::) NOISE GETS NOTICED..if it helps or not who knows...but a lot of sniper victims don't like silencers...I'm sure of that! But I guess you could find those who would disagree..... :-\ Snipers in the military would be much safer if they were louder...agreed???  I'm sure there must be a lot of law makers riding bikes..not driving to work in there sound proof mercedes...the only thing they heard on the way to work was a couple Harleys...and they need to put a stop to that!

Seriously? You're not making any sense what so ever. WTF are you going on about? People hear noise? Well, yeah...

"but a lot of sniper victims don't like silencers"

Say what? A silencer makes no difference at all to the 'victims' since the bullets are supersonic. If the victim hears the shot, the sniper missed. Not that this has anything to do with what we're talking about here...     ::)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline W14

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2012, 04:58:12 AM »
+ 1 on the reason for the 2 Bros.

Yesterday, I got in about 150 miles of mixed riding on the newly installed 2 Bros. On the twisties, the fun factor is multiplied, as the sound from the engine from decelerating into and accelerating out of curves is exhilarating...momentarily making me forget that I will turn 60 next month.

Entering onto interstates is equaling exhilarating, as the true sound from the in-line 4 begs to test its limit. Have to admit though, the constant feedback from the engine would probably be annoying on a multiple day trip, so I have the insert silencer for that purpose.

Through the neighborhood, the 2 Bros makes noise but is not harley loud and not nearly as loud as lawn mowers, power saws or the whistling train that goes by ever several hours..don't recall hearing it this morning.  Plus, I tool through the neighborhood in third gear, making very little noise.

Thumbs up for the TB.

MGvalerio

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
http://youtu.be/YoVUID-MmS8

At my bazzuca changed or done well Db Killer in the movie is without a Db Killer.

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline KawiG

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
Seriously? You're not making any sense what so ever. WTF are you going on about? People hear noise? Well, yeah...

"but a lot of sniper victims don't like silencers"

Say what? A silencer makes no difference at all to the 'victims' since the bullets are supersonic. If the victim hears the shot, the sniper missed. Not that this has anything to do with what we're talking about here...     ::)
The first victim probably would agree with ya...the second and third guy probably would agree with me, Anyway not really being too serious about anything, I figured the Village people was a good clue ::) Just having some fun. But I ain't cancelling my Two Bros V.A.L.E Black series order by any means. My wife agrees with ya anyway, about the rambling on an not making any sense. Capt Morgan understands me perfectlu though ???
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 03:44:58 PM »
The first victim probably would agree with ya...the second and third guy probably would agree with me, Anyway not really being too serious about anything, I figured the Village people was a good clue ::) Just having some fun. But I ain't cancelling my Two Bros V.A.L.E Black series order by any means. My wife agrees with ya anyway, about the rambling on an not making any sense. Capt Morgan understands me perfectlu though ???

Ah, I didn't know that the Capt was helpin you out here. Now I see the light.    :thumbs:

Offline KawiG

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »
 :chugbeer: All Good...next week when I get my Connie I probably won't have as much time on my hands..
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »
When they do this at 6pm who cares?. At 2am they really p!$$ me off. :shoot: :nuts: :loco: :battle:

I would probably be asleep at 2am and not care.  At 6pm, it would really P!$$ me off.  There is no "good" time for extreme noise pollution.  People sleep, nap, read, relax, try to concentrate, etc at all different times.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »
I have a close family member who is from the "Loud Lives save Pipes Club"  He KNOWS that the sound makes him safer.

Three weeks ago he had his fingers operated on a 3rd time since his accident.  While riding at, 70mph, through known deer crossing terrain, he hit  a deer.  Who woudl have seen this coming?  He was lucky to not get  a DUI, but his BAC was only .05 when tested.   No helmet either.  He still says he and I need to go for a ride......The same guy warned me that the quiet LeoVince on my c14 was an accident waiting to happen.

To each his own. Enjoy riding.  I can say that in my state 90% of the motorcycle complaints from normal people have to do with noise.