Author Topic: air wings for your hands  (Read 43331 times)

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
Re: air wings for your hands
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
Just ordered the Air Baker's.  Anyone have a picture of how they mount?  I saw the pictures of them in an earlier post, but couldn't get a good gander at the mount.
Will

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »
Ordered the Bakers also, looking for more protection in the rain.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »
First off, it's MOTAX, that might help you find their site. They make models for both the '08/'09s and the '10/'11/'12s, or at least they did. The mirrors on my '08 fold up just fine with the air deflectors installed. As for removing them easily? 4 screws and they're off/on.

'10/'11/'12s  http://www.motax.fr/sommaire_Kawasaki/accessoires_1400_GTR/1400_GTR_10_11__deflecteurs/1400_gtr_10_11__deflecteurs.html

Thanks for the info.   I wish there were a USA option, since I can't even read their site and wouldn't want to try and transact internationally.  Silver hardware isn't exciting either :(   If the hardware was black, and the bracket could be easily removed from the dash without wear or taking the dash apart, then those would be nearly perfect (well, assuming they deflect with the 2" risers).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Flathead

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Not trying to steal the thread or offend anyone..

I make hand wings for the '10-'12 models, pics can be seen here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2854.msg35072#msg35072 and I am happy to provide more pics.

Re the hardware: The ones that I make are a single piece of polycarbonate (Lexan®) so the only hardware is a couple of spacers and two longer, stainless steel, replacement screws and a couple of nylon spacers.

69 Euro (Motax) is about $92.00, not including shipping. Mine are $55.00 including shipping.

PM me if interested or if you want additional pics or details via email.

I would like to make them for the earlier models as well, if there is anyone in the Denver area with a 2008-09 that would like to drink beer some weekend and get a free pair of wings please PM me.

Thanks!
Bill

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
      Quote :    "BDF:  The hand wings are just slightly less effective in the winter but they have the great advantage that they can be turned about 90 degrees and have outside air diverted to the rider. I find they are easily worth 15 F and maybe 20 F in comfort when it is hot out. I ended up leaving the Bakers on all year and just rotate them as necessary." End Q

This may be the nail that drives my decision as I like to dress for a cool/cold ride, and it doesn't always work right,but thats what luggage is for!!
      You cannot undress for hot rides and I ride a lot more in summer, way more than in cooler temps, although I like the :first in,last out, accounting of my riding.
        Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
I can attest to Flathead's hand wings.  Recommended!
2010 C14 ABS

Flathead

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 11:38:28 PM »
I can attest to Flathead's hand wings.  Recommended!

Thanks Steve!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 04:57:57 AM »
Not trying to steal the thread or offend anyone..

I make hand wings for the '10-'12 models, pics can be seen here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2854.msg35072#msg35072 and I am happy to provide more pics.

Re the hardware: The ones that I make are a single piece of polycarbonate (Lexan®) so the only hardware is a couple of spacers and two longer, stainless steel, replacement screws and a couple of nylon spacers.

69 Euro (Motax) is about $92.00, not including shipping. Mine are $55.00 including shipping.

PM me if interested or if you want additional pics or details via email.

I would like to make them for the earlier models as well, if there is anyone in the Denver area with a 2008-09 that would like to drink beer some weekend and get a free pair of wings please PM me.

Thanks!
Bill

:thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline krsron

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
does the projekg hand wings work on a 09 with ultra tour cb screen

Offline roadie

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »
Finally got my Air Baker's and wanted to share some pics of the bracket that holds the wing it self.  Did a 200 miler with my son on Saturday and can report that when they are closed, no air hits my paws; when they are swung open, air hits the paws.  Bottomline:  nice.
Will

Flathead

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »
Finally got my Air Baker's and wanted to share some pics of the bracket that holds the wing it self.  Did a 200 miler with my son on Saturday and can report that when they are closed, no air hits my paws; when they are swung open, air hits the paws.  Bottomline:  nice.

Look great!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 04:52:54 PM »

Note to everyone:  When talking about "wings" experiences- please indicate year of bike and risers or not (and which).  Otherwise, the data are meaningless (because of height variances of mirrors and handlebars).

It LOOKS like you are an older C14 and with no risers....  right?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Note to everyone:  When talking about "wings" experiences- please indicate year of bike and risers or not (and which).  Otherwise, the data are meaningless (because of height variances of mirrors and handlebars).

Mine is an 09 with 2" Heli risers and Murph's wedges, my ProjektD wings work great!  :)

Offline roadie

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »

It LOOKS like you are an older C14 and with no risers....  right?

well, not too meaningless...sure you can tell its no newer than a 2009 since it has the tank box.  Correct, no risers.  Mine is a 2009 ABS.
Will

Offline roadie

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »
how's that, even put a fancy personal text in case i forget to tell someone again that my mount is a 2009.
Will

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »
how's that, even put a fancy personal text in case i forget to tell someone again that my mount is a 2009.

:D

In most topics, it won't matter.  But in some, there are enough differences to make a difference!

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2011, 05:53:45 AM »

The biggest question is this;  Is it red or black?  That will be the difference maker.    ;D

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 11:07:51 PM »
The biggest question is this;  Is it red or black?  That will be the difference maker.    ;D

now that is a connaisseur! (I suppose you meant black is better than red, didn't you? :o)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2011, 08:03:30 AM »
now that is a connaisseur! (I suppose you meant black is better than red, didn't you? :o)

Actually, he meant that silver is better.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Khrome

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
Actually, he meant that silver is better.    ;)

exactly  :P
Khrome 2011 C14...09 Kaw Voyager...08 Yam WR250X...07 Yam FJR...06 Suz M109...04 Yam RoadStar...03 Kaw ZZR 1200... 02Kaw ZRX1200...01 KTM LC4...00 Kaw KLR 650...99 Kaw C10...98 Kaw ZRX 1100...94 Kaw Zephyr 750...85 Kaw 454LTD...79 Honda XL250S