Author Topic: Now is a good time to order your Area P can  (Read 17445 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Now is a good time to order your Area P can
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »
Get some red and blue flashing lights.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2016, 01:55:01 PM »
My full system is in the house!! Was delivered on Saturday. I expect to send my ECU to Steve later this week and install the system this weekend. I noticed the can is straight through. No baffling at all. How loud is this going to be? Did a make a mistake? I want more zoom but I don't want to make a nuisance of myself everywhere I go. Otherwise I'll have to start wearing a do rag, engineer boots and a vest covered in patches.

It's fine when you're light throttling around... but when you pull the loud handle, everyone within 3/4 mile will know what's going on. BTW, the "zoom" you want is subjective... this is a top end system.  it's actually softer than stock down low rpm / light throttle, but hugely stronger on top. If you think it's gonna help a high gear / low rpm roll on... not so much.  Steve

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2016, 03:07:03 PM »
  It's fine when you're light throttling around... but when you pull the loud handle, everyone within 3/4 mile will know what's going on. BTW, the "zoom" you want is subjective... this is a top end system.  it's actually softer than stock down low rpm / light throttle, but hugely stronger on top. If you think it's gonna help a high gear / low rpm roll on... not so much.  Steve

Good info, thanks Steve! I'm ok with high gear / low rpm roll on being what it is. I don't always want zoom, but when I do, I downshift.

BTW: my ECU will be on the way to you later this week. I will shoot an email as instructed when I ship.

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »
Good info, thanks Steve! I'm ok with high gear / low rpm roll on being what it is. I don't always want zoom, but when I do, I downshift.

BTW: my ECU will be on the way to you later this week. I will shoot an email as instructed when I ship.

check your pm's - Steve

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 05:51:01 PM »
06 ZX14 factory header with a set of ZX14 slipons on it, for a dual exhaust.  The way the bike should have been from the factory.

it's actually softer than stock down low rpm / light throttle, but hugely stronger on top. If you think it's gonna help a high gear / low rpm roll on... not so much.  Steve

And that wider power band is one of the things that explains why the Concours is a sports touring bike (along with controls, ergonomics, VVT, shaft drive, storage, wind control, better warranty, etc).  Hence, my repeated postings of the C14 is not a "detuned" ZX, it was specifically TUNED [designed] for what people are looking for an a sports tourer- quiet, powerful across the whole band, smooth and comfortable cruising, and reliable.  Of course, if that is not what the owner wants, it is great that there are options to change it however one wants.  I am always a fan of choice.

What should have been changed from the factory is what we get with the reflashings :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2016, 06:04:08 PM »
And that wider power band is one of the things that explains why the Concours is a sports touring bike (along with controls, ergonomics, VVT, shaft drive, storage, wind control, better warranty, etc).  Hence, my repeated postings of the C14 is not a "detuned" ZX, it was specifically TUNED [designed] for what people are looking for an a sports tourer- quiet, powerful across the whole band, smooth and comfortable cruising, and reliable.  Of course, if that is not what the owner wants, it is great that there are options to change it however one wants.  I am always a fan of choice.

What should have been changed from the factory is what we get with the reflashings :)

A good exhaust really boosts the rideability too. i built a header for my first c-14, and it has 90# TQ at 3000 rpm. the low  / midrange response is incredible. I can snap the front wheel off the ground in second at 4500 rpm with that header and flashed ECU. It doesn't have the top end of the area p, but it doesn't matter in real world riding, the bike is a beast. Steve

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:17 AM »
  A good exhaust really boosts the rideability too. i built a header for my first c-14, and it has 90# TQ at 3000 rpm. the low  / midrange response is incredible. I can snap the front wheel off the ground in second at 4500 rpm with that header and flashed ECU. It doesn't have the top end of the area p, but it doesn't matter in real world riding, the bike is a beast. Steve

Understatement.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2016, 06:59:27 AM »
Installed the Area P last weekend. The new pipe looks YUUUGE compared to stock. Now a long wait for my ECU. Shipped it Friday by FedEx from Office Depot. Was going to use USPS flat rate box but they said USPS would be Wednesday and FedEx would be Monday. So of course I went FedEx. Well now its Tuesday and its not at Steve's. It's still in TX. When I chatted with someone at FedEx, they said you have to talk to your shipper. I thought FedEx was my shipper. They said, no, were just the company your shipper used. I said, they have a FedEx logo on the door and behind the counter. As far as I'm concerned, it was FedEx. Anyway hope it will still get there tomorrow but since as of this morning, tracking says it is in Ft. Worth, I'm worried.

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »
Installed the Area P last weekend. The new pipe looks YUUUGE compared to stock. Now a long wait for my ECU. Shipped it Friday by FedEx from Office Depot. Was going to use USPS flat rate box but they said USPS would be Wednesday and FedEx would be Monday. So of course I went FedEx. Well now its Tuesday and its not at Steve's. It's still in TX. When I chatted with someone at FedEx, they said you have to talk to your shipper. I thought FedEx was my shipper. They said, no, were just the company your shipper used. I said, they have a FedEx logo on the door and behind the counter. As far as I'm concerned, it was FedEx. Anyway hope it will still get there tomorrow but since as of this morning, tracking says it is in Ft. Worth, I'm worried.

When I got your email that said "Fedex" I just kinda shook my head. Fedex is the only company I've dealt with to lose packages by delivering them to the wrong addy. I sent my brother a package for his bike, they delivered it to a house 4 miles away. they have delivered stuff that should be houses away to me, and my stuff there. Never ever happens with usps or ups. I have used usps for maybe a couple thousand packages, never had an actual issue.

On the bright side I did get a call from fedex saying there was a package coming today and I need to sign for it, so I assume it's yours  :o  Steve

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »
Heheheh
Its prolly catheters, and insulin the neighbor down the street ordered... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stirpot:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 03:14:12 PM »
It showed. Of course the box was crushed, and that was after the driver couldn't find it on the truck. Fedex style!  :doh: :doh:  Steve

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
It showed. Of course the box was crushed, and that was after the driver couldn't find it on the truck. Fedex style!  :doh: :doh:  Steve

Tell me the ECU survived! Yeah, I'm not too happy with FedEx. I took the pkg to Office Depot and said I want to use USPS flat rate box per your recommendation. They said that will be Wednesday but FedEx for same price can do Monday. Well turns out as you well know, FedEx was Wednesday as well. When I tried to complain they kept saying, It's on time and will arrive as committed. They didn't understand at all that even though it was at Office Depot, they authorize Office Depot to use their logo and name and have some responsibility for what the agent tells me. They obviously didn't give a rats a$$. Will never ship with them again.

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »
It survived. Coming home tomorrow. thanks! steve

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2016, 09:17:02 AM »
It survived. Coming home tomorrow. thanks! steve

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! My C14 looks so sad and doesn't understand why I gave it shiny new pipes but have been riding the Suzuki.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »
Get the ECU back from Steve on Saturday. 10 minutes after USPS dropped it off I was riding the bike. Fantastic, just fantastic. Smooth power everywhere and pulls hard above 6000 RPM. Sound is amazing. Louder than stock but not ear splitting. The bike sounds like what I imagine a bike made by Ferrari would sound like. The only down side is it makes me want to keep twisting the throttle. There is some decal popping but not too much. I still have my pair valves in and I think I'll just keep it that way. I kind of like the small amount of popping it makes. A bit pricy adding the full system and the flash but best mod by far you can do to this bike.

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2016, 04:38:20 AM »
Get the ECU back from Steve on Saturday. 10 minutes after USPS dropped it off I was riding the bike. Fantastic, just fantastic. Smooth power everywhere and pulls hard above 6000 RPM. Sound is amazing. Louder than stock but not ear splitting. The bike sounds like what I imagine a bike made by Ferrari would sound like. The only down side is it makes me want to keep twisting the throttle. There is some decal popping but not too much. I still have my pair valves in and I think I'll just keep it that way. I kind of like the small amount of popping it makes. A bit pricy adding the full system and the flash but best mod by far you can do to this bike.

Yeah, that's some serious forward thrust once above 6000, eh? Addicting to say the least...  ;) ;) Steve

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2016, 09:26:04 AM »
  Yeah, that's some serious forward thrust once above 6000, eh? Addicting to say the least...  ;) ;) Steve

Never been so happy to be a junkie  ;)