Author Topic: Now is a good time to order your Area P can  (Read 17444 times)

Offline DaddyFlip

Now is a good time to order your Area P can
« on: May 31, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
I've been trading emails today with Kerry Bryant, president of Area P.  At present, they have no stock of Connie pipes but are about to make a run to be ready in about two weeks (June 13 to be precise). If you're interested, you can email using the contact form on their website and they will reserve one for you, no payment required up front, then contact you when it is ready. Kerry first responded to my request at 5am his time (PDT) then emailed me several times during the day to answer all my questions. He was very polite and patient. FWIW, I'm ordering a CF can to go with my ShoodaFlash.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Now is a good time to order your Area P can
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 09:17:16 AM »
I've been trading emails today with Kerry Bryant, president of Area P.  At present, they have no stock of Connie pipes but are about to make a run to be ready in about two weeks (June 13 to be precise). If you're interested, you can email using the contact form on their website and they will reserve one for you, no payment required up front, then contact you when it is ready. Kerry first responded to my request at 5am his time (PDT) then emailed me several times during the day to answer all my questions. He was very polite and patient. FWIW, I'm ordering a CF can to go with my ShoodaFlash.

Interesting. I had the exact same conversation about 8 weeks ago. I haven't heard a thing since.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
I talked with him when I bought my Pipe.
Nice guy.

NOTE: If your ordering, and want your Area P to be a little quieter, (at the time) he said they could build the muffler
          with different internals.    (He would have to give you the details).
          Just wanted all to know, it is a possibility..

NOTE: I love he sound of mine, with the stock internals.

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:35:38 AM by connie_rider »

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
Interesting. I had the exact same conversation about 8 weeks ago. I haven't heard a thing since.

Was your conversation "exact" with respect to 'two weeks' or June 13?  If the latter, then we're still in business; the former, then I have no rebuttal.  Have to wait and see.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 12:49:42 PM »
Was your conversation "exact" with respect to 'two weeks' or June 13?  If the latter, then we're still in business; the former, then I have no rebuttal.  Have to wait and see.

I called and said I want to order a full system for my C14. He said none were in stock but they were starting a production run in 2 weeks but that run was committed. But then he said that some always fall out and he may be able to get me one. He said either way they would let me know and that the next run would be 8 weeks after that. I followed up our phone conversation with an email and stating I was am definitely ready to buy one. I got a response from my email saying I was on the standby list. I've heard nothing since.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 02:51:26 PM »
 :popcorn:
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
I heard back from Area P today that there is a delay for C14 slip-ons until the week of July 4. I have maintained my reservation for a carbon fiber unit and looking forward to it.

I hope they get on track and have them ready to ship for the new date. Fingers crossed, Rhino!  ;)
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:21:12 PM »
I'll sell you mine for $6k.  The bike comes with it, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 10:15:48 PM »
Okay, NOW is a good time to order your Area P can. I just got word today that my CF slip-on is shipping tomorrow. I asked if they are ready to take more orders and ship right away and they said "Yes" for both carbon fiber and stainless bodies.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 04:22:02 PM »
Area P arrived today. Check back tomorrow; it could be for sale, unused except for test fitting because people want to see what it looks like on the bike. Especially with the new end cap.

2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 04:23:55 PM »
Here are the before, during, after shots. Notice I did not install any clamps to protect the finish in the test fitting.

2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »
Walkaround shots in no particular order. Folks want to see what the flat end cap looks like. It looks beautiful and ends in a good spot relative to the bag.

2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2016, 04:28:17 PM »
I moved Ol' Red outta the way to get tail-on shots.

Putting it back in the box and sleeping on my situation.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2016, 10:54:06 PM »
That's looking good
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 04:17:27 AM »
I like the looks of that.  Mine is an Area P but the business end has a short pipe coming out of it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 10:13:09 AM »
I like the short pipe better. JMHO.
Why would you want the Full Area P now that SISF's flash is out unless you want less power mid range?
The slip-on yes... very nice.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:13 AM »
Steve said that too. So he's removing his full exhaust and going with a slip-on and reflashing. Maybe even going back to stock. Unless you are racing it or spending more time on the track than on the street, a full system could be a detriment.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »
 OK, so that's not exactly what I said...

what I'm saying about the full system is that it produces more power even at 4k rpm, but you need more throttle to get it. In other words the full system isn't as sharp to light throttle input as the stock head pipe. If you give it WOT the full system with my flash outpowers the stock system handily, but unless you're really employing WOT, there's no point. My bike gained 18 hp over my stock system / flash with the full system, and yeah, you can feel it...WOT. 

Mike is referring to the roll ons we did last year before I had done the AreaP flash. At that time, my stock / flashed bike would outpull his areaP / flies out / PCV/ autotune bike until 7000, then his bike would leave mine. Now with the areaP flash, I'm sure on roll ons the areaP/flashed bike will pull ahead right off. But like I said previously, if you're not using a bunch of throttle often, you may like the stock header better. Steve

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 09:19:20 PM »
The below is what I was referencing. So I misquoted but my thinking was in the ballpark. Like the commercial says, " Wouldn't it be great if it really was the thought that counted?"

Interesting. I have an area P full system on mine now, I put t on to build a tune for it. My bike dyno's almost 103 # TQ and 160.8 hp. Crazy strong. I might pull it off though, because there's no way I can even use that power, and I like the throttle response smaller pipes give, even at the loss of power at 10K... I only go there to scare myself  :o :o Steve
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline smokin

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 11:58:36 PM »
Steve have you carried any acceleration comparisons between a C14 in standard form
[exhaust and ECU}  versus a C14 with stock exhaust and your ECU flash? If so what I would be interested in  the results please.?

Secondly the ECU flash for The Australian bike you did previously was that different in terms of fuel mapping to suit Australian fuel types, apparently our fuel is more dense and fuel mapping carried out in the USA for Power commander systems or ECU's tend to make Australian bikes run rich so I am told by the Dyno tuners here in Australia. Obviously you don't have access to our fuel, so I guess what I am asking are you compensating some how for the difference? 
SONS OF ARTHRITIS RIDE HARD MEDICATE OFTEN.