Author Topic: Cheap stand for washing front wheel  (Read 11910 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Cheap stand for washing front wheel
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
ZG and anything cheap will never happen. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 01:43:36 PM »
This would be the ticket, if it's made for the C14(?): http://www.1jac.com/ (prob doesn't fill the 'cheap' requirement, though)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:17:58 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline danvforce

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 03:25:51 PM »
I have a Bursig Paddock stand for my Speed Triple, it works great, but the don't make a fitting for the Concours.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »
You don't make many friends on this forum Maxtog that is for certain. Hopefully I don't make too many grammatical errors, I would hate to be publicly called out and made to look inferior in light of your superior intellect.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:48 PM »
You don't make many friends on this forum Maxtog that is for certain.

First, I don't think you have any concept as to who I or others would or would not consider a "friend".  I also don't think of the forum as a popularity contest.  But much more importantly...

Hopefully I don't make too many grammatical errors, I would hate to be publicly called out and made to look inferior in light of your superior intellect.

Perhaps my sense of humor is DIFFERENT compared to yours or some others', because the original post I made was intended as a witty/comical response to the part that said "must be politically correct".  It was never meant to be insulting and if it was taken that way, I do apologize to tweeter55.

Now you can ponder the apparent hypocrisy of your "corrective" posting...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »
This is my thread so you both need to get a room and cuddle.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 06:13:39 PM »
No apologies necessary Maxtog. Most of us on this forum ( at least me I) have pretty thick skin. :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 06:26:03 PM »
Oh yuck...ugly picture.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »
Oh yuck...ugly picture.  :_shudder_Emoticon

Eeew- like I said, we all have a different sense of humor   :o
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »
My skin is VERY thick, but many here I guarantee see where I am coming from or what point I am trying to make. I think the ignore list might serve me well, either that or I might not visit here nearly as much.....maybe that is a good thing.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »
My skin is VERY thick, but many here I guarantee see where I am coming from or what point I am trying to make. I think the ignore list might serve me well, either that or I might not visit here nearly as much.....maybe that is a good thing.

I am with you.

I've decided I'm going to assume he's doing it on purpose ... like maybe he's doing some college research project where the goal is to push people as much as possible online, to see what they'll put up with.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »

I am with you.

I've decided I'm going to assume he's doing it on purpose ... like maybe he's doing some college research project where the goal is to push people as much as possible online, to see what they'll put up with.

Yep, the ignore list is yer friend brothers... Trust me, my forum activity on here has been a lot more pleasant since I figured out that gem of a tool.

And speaking of tool... could it be that some tool member is scaring away some of our forum folks that come here to actually have fun, hence it being a little more dead lately? Food fer thought...  ??? :-\

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
These are interesting... http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-cleaning-stand-98800.html... but I'd probably find a way to screw up using one.

That's what I got. Did not cost half that much though....not sure where or how I got it. Must have had a coupon or something. Pull forward or put it on the centerstand and weight on the back and let it off. Works pretty well.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2014, 04:24:21 AM »

I find this very good advice......hint.  We entertain all sorts of 'characters' here.  I like it that way.  Now back to 'washing' (ugh) the front wheel.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2014, 04:35:14 AM »
You don't make many friends on this forum Maxtog that is for certain. Hopefully I don't make too many grammatical errors, I would hate to be publicly called out and made to look inferior in light of your superior intellect.

We don't need Max to point that out for us Pokey!     ;)

Come on guys. Max is just having a bit of fun in his own way. If you haven't figured out his sense of humor by now then you haven't been paying attention.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
I find this very good advice......hint.  We entertain all sorts of 'characters' here.  I like it that way.  Now back to 'washing' (ugh) the front wheel.

Oh come on, it could have been a discussion about types of oil, or car tires!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2014, 12:00:02 PM »
We don't need Max to point that out for us Pokey!     ;)

Come on guys. Max is just having a bit of fun in his own way. If you haven't figured out his sense of humor by now then you haven't been paying attention.

I'm not uh smart man, but I know what love is.......oh and humor too. ;)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:18:29 PM by Pokey »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2014, 02:15:19 PM »

You entertain them?

... or vice versa?  :P

I know, I know ... the answer is 'Yes'.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:38:00 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »
The answer is always 'yes', unless it's 'no', grasshopper.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.