Author Topic: Is the extended warranty deal still a thing?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline kzz1king

Is the extended warranty deal still a thing?
« on: June 25, 2022, 07:58:44 PM »
Subject heading says it all!
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Is the extended warranty deal still a thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 08:56:00 PM »
Subject heading says it all!

Yes, Kawasaki still sells extended warranties.  As long as your C14 is still covered by a factory warranty, it can be extended 3 additional years, twice.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 09:19:37 PM »
To clarify Max I am talking about the
 deal in the sticky. Reduced price through Ultimate Cycle I think
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 05:36:54 AM »
To clarify Max I am talking about the
 deal in the sticky. Reduced price through Ultimate Cycle I think

Oh, that I don't know.  Just call 'em!  I have to wonder as the word got out over the years if they were just swamped with such sales?  I bought both of my extends from them, as I suspect a lot of people on this forum did.  Kawasaki probably scratching their heads wondering why a single dealer near Richmond sold more warranties than any other dealer in the world and yet didn't sell anywhere near that number of Concourses :)

http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline FTB530

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 07:48:34 AM »
I just purchased my second extended warranty from Ultimate Cycle a few weeks ago.
$416 for 3 years!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 09:58:14 AM »
Is the contact still the same?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 07:19:00 PM »
I emailed and got no response, called them a few times before i got it renewed.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 04:43:48 PM »
Thought I would pass on what I have heard. Guy got the deal with Ultimate Cycle. Good price and all.Mama Kaw denied the dealer because they said the bike had to have been bought there.🤔😕
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline PH14

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 08:25:34 PM »
Thought I would pass on what I have heard. Guy got the deal with Ultimate Cycle. Good price and all.Mama Kaw denied the dealer because they said the bike had to have been bought there.🤔😕

I got my extended warranty from them twice. I did not buy the bike from them. That info is false.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2022, 08:29:56 AM »
I got my extended warranty from them twice. I did not buy the bike from them. That info is false.

Agreed.  I didn't buy my Concours from them either and bought TWO extended warranties from them.  So, unless this is a brand new policy, something isn't quite right.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 09:29:32 AM »
Bought my Concours i  San Diego, bought my extended warranty twice At Ultimate Cycle i think they are in Virginia , had warranty work a month ago in Yuba City Ca and wasnt a problem getting the warranty work done.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2022, 09:30:34 AM »

Unfortunately I think  you heard wrong.  Many of us have got the original extended and two more without issues.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022, 09:34:04 AM »
Things can change guys. What's the most recent transactions? I did the same as you all but it was a ways back. I have this guy the contact info. He talked to a Lance, not Phil.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline FTB530

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022, 07:44:32 PM »
My transaction was middle of May 2022.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 05:25:00 AM »
I believe what I've read on the COG forum is you now have to purchase the first extension from the dealer where the bike was purchased.

You can then purchase the second extension from Ultimate Cycle or anywhere else you would like.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline PH14

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »
I have read a lot of baloney on the COG site over the years. It has been getting worse lately. 

Offline FTB530

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2022, 06:43:28 AM »
Well if you buy a new bike it has a 3 year warranty, you have plenty of time to call Ultimate Cycle and get the straight story from them, either they will sell you the first extended warranty or will tell you they won’t, i spect they will.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2022, 07:02:08 AM »
We will see.I called yesterday and left a message with the receptionist. No call back yet.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline PH14

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2022, 04:24:59 PM »
Crickets

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 02:20:35 PM »
I never heard back, never called back. It sure is quiet around here
Everyone must have things sorted out 🙂
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1