Author Topic: Best helmet intercom set-up?  (Read 39208 times)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Re: Best helmet intercom set-up?
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »
Nice!  What is the programmable version 02?

Offline simply40

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 10:47:43 PM »
I had mine on a Nolan 102 and now a Nolan 90, takes a bit of thought and pre fit as I used the adhesive pad. works good

Will the Sena install into the Nolan N-Com mounting location so I don't end up with something drooping down on the side of my helmet?  I can get a really good deal on the Sena if we can do a bulk purchase of 5 or more units.  The more we get, the better the discount.  I'll do some checking and get a price published for those interested.

-SparX

Offline SparX

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:22 PM »
Well, that beats what I was able to do.  RadioRider sounds like a good deal.

-SparX
-SparX

Offline Graffixnfun

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 07:38:40 AM »
I use the Midland BT2D headset.  I have had it Bluetooth to my Zumo 660, iPhone and other devices.  The range is not as good as the other bluetooth headsets but the perk for me is you can wire in a GMRS radio.  If you get the kit the GMRS radio then has push to talk.  I had this feature on my Autocomm which was very nice but the Autocomm had a big wire running to the helmet.  I have noticed when you lose line of sight on any Bluetooth headset you lose connection.  Not a big deal if you ride close but something to consider none the less.  The GMRS radios truely get me a mile or better and works even when there isnt line of sight.  I was impressed at how well they work.  Also with the radio you are not limited to communicating with 2 or 3 people.  It is anyone with a radio on the same channel.  The sound quaility is good and the blue tooth features when riding by yourself work great.  I would probably argue the Autocomm was better especially audio and the mic noise canceling but I didnt like a wire hooked to my head.  I see they are coming out with a Bluetooth version I will probably buy.  If you get the Midland and the GMRS radios I recommend you buy some type of inline amplifier like a Boostaroo to increase the volume from the radio but that is the only part that was a road bump.  Once I figured that out we have been able to use the radios with great success
2009 concours
2006 ninja 650R
2003 victory vegas

Offline simply40

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:02 AM »
Nice!  What is the programmable version 02?
Version 2 has a usb plug and can be upgraded.  No change of in software/firmware yet, but we are told that in July the sena will be able to open conference to three other sena.  No details other than that.  We only have the new Version on hand.  Availability is limited as Sena tries to keep up with demand.  - ron@radiorider.com

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
Just placed my order on radiorider.com.

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
Just placed my order on radiorider.com.

Did you do this on-line?  I sniffed around but didn't see where to input the information for the group buy discount.  The site wanted to take me immediately to PayPal.  I tried calling them, but it went to voice mail.  I did leave a return number.  Hope they call back.  I want in on this, expecially after accidently pulling my ear buds out a couple of times during this past weekend 900 mile marathon ride. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
I had the same thing.   Called and went to voicemail.   Didn't leave a message.   On the last screen before you hit the "pay now" button on the right hand side there is a little link in blue that says something about "special instructions" or something like that.   Just click that link and a box will pop up.   Just leave the Forum information there.

Offline simply40

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
I had the same thing.   Called and went to voicemail.   Didn't leave a message.   On the last screen before you hit the "pay now" button on the right hand side there is a little link in blue that says something about "special instructions" or something like that.   Just click that link and a box will pop up.   Just leave the Forum information there.
you got it.. you could also email him and he can invoice you that way.  I have always found it best to email when I was looking for something.  sales@radiorider.com 

Offline Armyguns

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2011, 04:49:44 AM »

Thanks.  I'll give it until tonight (Tuesday) and if I don't hear back I'll follow your lead.  I was just concerned about getting charged the full amount as opposed to the group discount price. 
2010 C14 ABS

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
Just want to update everyone on my process with ordering from RadioRider.com.   I was charged $299 at the time of sale, with only my faith that they would refund the difference to what they said they would sell to us for.   Well, I just got this email so I wanted to pass it on:

"First Page Enterprises just sent you a refund

First Page Enterprises just sent you a partial refund of $24.25 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact First Page Enterprises."

Looking for the SENA to be delivered friday but overall, I have to say I have been pleased with radiorider.com and the order process.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 07:55:59 PM »
I just ordered this as well.  I could not find a lot of room for the AutoCom that I used on my C10.  I am excited to go "wireless".  I think my better half will enjoy it as well.
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline MiloMorai

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »
Can you get the Sena with the wired mic base to begin with?

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »
Do you have to email them and let them know your a member here to get the rebate/discount? Would like to order mine today if possible. Also what is wired mic?

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 03:40:48 PM »
I sent an email yesterday but got no reply...maybe tomorrow

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »
Can you get the Sena with the wired mic base to begin with?
I am almost certain you can get the wired system.   I remember seeing it at one point.   Only thing is you may have to order it as an accessory.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »
I am chiming in here to note that I am looking for feedback from those of you guys getting the Sena.

I would love to be able to stream Pandora as I ride (when I am in areas that get cell signal), or use the Google Directions on my Droid or take a call, or plug in my MP3 player via a wire.  I also am looking for communications with my wife who will start riding with me more now that I have the Connie.  So, once you get them and use them, post up!
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 04:38:17 PM »
I am chiming in here to note that I am looking for feedback from those of you guys getting the Sena.

I would love to be able to stream Pandora as I ride (when I am in areas that get cell signal), or use the Google Directions on my Droid or take a call, or plug in my MP3 player via a wire.  I also am looking for communications with my wife who will start riding with me more now that I have the Connie.  So, once you get them and use them, post up!

Sure thing.   Mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow (friday).   We have a trip planned to Duluth/North Shore in 2 weeks so me and the wife will really get a chance to utilize all the features and give some feedback.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:45 PM »
Thanks DocPigskin, because we are going for a ride Saturday (first one with the two of us of any distance) and the other couple will be able to talk to each other and I know we will chat about that during stops (the lack of my wife and I being able to communicate).
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline Doenitz

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
Irish 14 - I have the C2 helmet and Shuberth bluetooth system connected to my Zumo 550 and cell phone.  Very happy with it.  With the previous Cardo Q2, I had it at 90% volume, with the C2 setup, I have it at 30%volume for the same result.  Cardo ( who made both systems) appear to have made a couple of jumps in the technology.  Currently on mono, but will try to set up with my Zumo 660 at some time.  Actually, I don't really mind mono, so long as I can hear the music.