Author Topic: KLR 650 shopping  (Read 2132 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
KLR 650 shopping
« on: August 13, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
I'm shopping for a late model/low mile cheap frugal KLR 650 to ride to an ADV meet at Death Valley. If anyone hears of anything in FL/GA/etc worthy of thumping across the USA please let me know.

SteveJ of the C10 forum has been such an bad influence inspiration to me.  Shortly after purchasing my C14 and meeting SteveJ at some event or another listening to the wild stories, the sport-touring bug hit me.  3 years and 79,000 miles later its still game on. Then I saw an old dead-looking beater KLR in Steve's garage as we met there before a COG RTE. I asked "does that thing run"???  He said yeah I'm riding that to California" (we're in middle FL).  I didn't believe him disagree but i didn't exactly buy into that happening  ;D

So I was going to ride the Connie14 out west and try camping with the guys meeting at Death Valley and me stay on the tourist trap good roads .  Naw, I think I'll find a KLR.

Attn SteveJ:  I'm planning to do a bit more than just ride it out there, I'm going to attempt an Iron Butt on it.

So unless I fall in love with the KLR and decide to keep it instead of the Euro ADV bike coming in my future, the events will happen like this:

1) KLR pic will be in this thread
     2) Pics of the ride out to Death Valley and tons of other places in the southwest will be in the "rides" section
     3) KLR pic will then be in the "For Sale" section
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: KLR 650 shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »
Good choice, KLR is hard to beat for the money. Here's a pic of a KLR doing what it does best:

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: KLR 650 shopping
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »
     1) KLR pic will be in this thread
     2) Pics of the ride out to Death Valley and tons of other places in the southwest will be in the "rides" section
     3) KLR pic will then be in the "For Sale" section

Too funny. Sell that KLR out in LaLa land if you can make it work, you should get more for it.

I actually may not go over there this year for my annual California dose. Toying with the idea of sledding in Yellowstone instead.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)