Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 495081 times)

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #2080 on: January 02, 2022, 08:24:35 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2081 on: January 16, 2022, 07:37:24 AM »
Amazon.   We're trying to buy American made KN95 masks.  Put in the search words and sh*t comes back made in foreign countries.  I think these other manufacturers pay money to Amazon to come back in the search.  We did find some but unless it says US made in in first words or so...it isn't.  You don't see proudly made in China on their sh*t.  My wife is in the medical field and she got some masks from a coworker who said it was US made.  Nothing on the mask indicates that but in looking at the very fine print it says....China.  American made is typically twice the price or more for the same type of masks and we're willing to pay that.  I only want search results of what I'm looking for.  Not all this other crap.

I'm sufficiently angered over this so now I'm going to peruse new members to see if I can ban someone.... :censored:

I feel a bit better.  I got one of the basta**.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2082 on: January 16, 2022, 10:22:07 AM »
Yeah, I would be hard-pressed to believe ANY KN95 is actually a real KN95 respirator at this point (technically, it is a respirator, not a mask).  We have some supposedly real ones at work (reserved for serious need).  I have never had one, myself.  With Omicon being something like 700 times more infectious, masks really won't do much of anything- has to be a real respirator.  The good news is that this wave should peak soon and drop off quickly.

It is always a problem with Amazon and Ebay (or most anywhere) trying to make sure you actually are getting what they claim.  Same problem with HEPA filters- are they really HEPA?  Or are they just some knock off?  Water filters- do they really meet any tested specs?  Supplements- what is actually in that Niacin or vitamin D?  How much is bio-available?   It is not like you can really test any of that stuff yourself.   And if someone actually does and posts a review- is the review real?  Is what they are shipping NOW what was tested?

it is enough to make anyone "crazy and annoyed"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2083 on: January 17, 2022, 01:59:34 AM »
Face masks are mostly to protect others from you. Any facemask that will significantly protect you from others w.r.t. Covid is effectively going to be a gas mask. Chances are that there are very few US based companies that manufacture KN95 masks as they will not be able to compete on price and Amazon is all about cheap!

However, please don't think that I am defending Amazon. Their search algorithms prioritise what THEY want you to buy, not what you want to buy. I have been searching for computer mice for VERY large hands (I take a 5XL glove) and no matter how I phrase the search all I get are mice designed for tiny little hands. I have been using a particular vertical mouse comfortably for several years, so in theory I could just buy another one of those but they seem to have outsourced their manufacturing or changed manufacturer and the new ones are unreliable and go into sleep mode way too fast, even though they are a wired mouse and have NO NEED of a sleep mode!
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2084 on: January 17, 2022, 05:47:48 AM »
On the similar train of thought- the other thing that drives me crazy is when I finally find a product that exactly meets my needs....   and then it is changed in a way to make it not what I want anymore or is discontinued.  Predicting/expecting that, sometimes I actually buy a lot more than I need and start a hoard of it.  Of course, that only works as well as 1) It doesn't degrade or expire (so use FIFO) and 2) There is enough space to do so. 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2085 on: January 17, 2022, 06:35:30 AM »
many companies that sell things made in China are starting to put small flags on the boxes or saying it is distributed from the U.S., or, made in the China using U.S. materials to hide the fact it is made in China. You will be hard pressed to find anything made in the U.S. anymore. Look at your stock dividends and performance for your answer.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #2086 on: January 19, 2022, 11:42:23 AM »
A little trick I learned at a company that manufactures wiring harnesses primarily for Honda, Nissan, Toyota when they ere trying to woo business from the US big 3 automakers:  they shipped product from Japan, but it came to a warehouse in the US where workers would unbox, connect a widget then repackage in new boxes that said assembled in the US or something to that effect.  Basically as long as human hand touched it, or they installed fuses, it is made in America.  Oh, and made in America can mean USA, Canada, or Mexico.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2087 on: January 19, 2022, 01:43:24 PM »
Listening to people in the next cube over eat and rustle a packing for food as they chew. Especially when the office is silent.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2088 on: January 20, 2022, 06:05:31 AM »
Agreed.  That's actually a condition I think.

https://www.griffinot.com/auditory-sensitivity-autism-sensory/#:~:text=People%20who%20have%20auditory%20hypersensitivity,to%20focus%20on%20other%20things.

Not sure if that's the right one but in my case if I'm trying to listen to the tv and someone is in the kitchen getting ice out of the fridge it echoes into the living room and drives me crazy.  Same if my someone is on the couch with me it rattling a chip bag.  I can't focus on the tv.  I believe that there is a so called syndrome for that as well.

Or this...   https://spinalresearch.com.au/creative-geniuses-cant-concentrate-background-noise/   Not saying this is me because I don't have much creativity as such....but....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2089 on: January 20, 2022, 09:05:17 AM »
Come work here at my home office. I currently have a 4 year old next door singing VERY off key via a karaoke machine with the volume set so loud that it could wake the dead. Her parent have to be stone ****ing deaf, or at least utterly tone deaf. Even my cats have gone into hiding! If you don't hear from me again it's because I was arrested for doing what I am currently thinking of doing. <LOL>
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2090 on: January 20, 2022, 02:14:14 PM »
Come work here at my home office. I currently have a 4 year old next door singing VERY off key via a karaoke machine with the volume set so loud that it could wake the dead. Her parent have to be stone ****ing deaf, or at least utterly tone deaf. Even my cats have gone into hiding! If you don't hear from me again it's because I was arrested for doing what I am currently thinking of doing. <LOL>

:banghead: :censored: :shoot: :cannon:
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"