Author Topic: Mazda 3 TPMS on my Concours  (Read 10123 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Re: Mazda 3 TPMS on my Concours
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2022, 08:54:16 AM »
I believe the pad only supports Windows. Worked fine on my Windows 10 Surface.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2022, 03:52:48 PM »
Ok I'm going to try the Mazda sensors and Autel pad. Figured I can get the ID from the stock sensors before they go completely dead and change them at the next tire change or do the zip tie tire bead break and change them right away.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2022, 07:31:59 PM »
Ok I'm going to try the Mazda sensors and Autel pad. Figured I can get the ID from the stock sensors before they go completely dead and change them at the next tire change or do the zip tie tire bead break and change them right away.

I thought you just had to read the Mazda sensors to get a number to program in with the KDS? 
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline johnchen

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2022, 07:44:39 AM »
I guess Autel Programmable Universal TPMS also works
Just copy from Kawasaki TPMS by choosing Mazda3 model so don't need to modify ID by KDS3

Will try when I have chance.
NC24> FZ6 >CBR1000RR + DRZ + TMAX + KTM1290ADV + C14P + KTM525 - DRZ + KTM625SMC

Offline Bagger John

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 12:03:23 PM »
Is there a Mazda 3 sensor of the "sled" style (like the C14 uses) - rather than the "flag" style like I'm finding most places online? The latter is made to lie parallel to the tire tread when used in an automotive rim. Putting them in a Concours rim is IMHO cutting tolerances a mite too close, as they'll protrude out of the rim well and may be damaged in the event the bike hits a large obstruction.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2022, 12:48:51 PM »
My understanding is that you clone the Kawasaki IDs into the Mazda 315MHz sensors so there is no need for KDS.

Also wonder if the universal type that is a "sled" shape would work with the Autel programmer.

Hmmmm

I thought you just had to read the Mazda sensors to get a number to program in with the KDS?
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2022, 02:59:25 PM »
I dunno is there's a sled one that'll work. If anyone finds one, I'll be willing to give it a try. I've got my new TPMS programmed and I'm going to try to get it installed this weekend. Lots of projects at home.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2022, 03:10:09 PM »
What was your procedure?
Just looking for the order of the steps, etc.

I dunno is there's a sled one that'll work. If anyone finds one, I'll be willing to give it a try. I've got my new TPMS programmed and I'm going to try to get it installed this weekend. Lots of projects at home.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2022, 03:50:07 PM »
The OEM sensors I have (which I still don't know if they're the original sensors for the bike) had the ID# sticker on them. I used the Autel pad and programmed the ID into the universal Mazda compatible sensor. Then I'll have the sensor installed with the tire.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2022, 05:11:05 PM »

So the Mazda sensors are if you have a KDS.
I am trying to get the Autel MaxiPAD to read the Kawasaki (Schrader) sensors but it has not worked with the bike on for a few minutes.
I need to take the bike around the block to get the sensors turned on (or they have gone dead and are not reading).

I did some Googling and the Mazda (Continental FCC ID KR5S180052015B) sensors have a different emissions designator than the Kawasaki (Schrader FCC ID MRXKAW4) OEM sensors.
Mazda = Emissions Designator 138KF1D. 138Khz FM modulation
Kawasaki = Emissions Designator 99K0L1D 99kHz Pulse Width Modulation

Hmmmm....

My understanding is that you clone the Kawasaki IDs into the Mazda 315MHz sensors so there is no need for KDS.

Also wonder if the universal type that is a "sled" shape would work with the Autel programmer.

Hmmmm
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline johnchen

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2022, 12:07:24 AM »
You don't need to ride C14 to turn on TPMS, Kawasaki TPMS can be waked up by Autel MaxiPAD, just place it close to sensor and test it, you will get ID form sensor.
NC24> FZ6 >CBR1000RR + DRZ + TMAX + KTM1290ADV + C14P + KTM525 - DRZ + KTM625SMC

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2022, 07:31:33 AM »
You don't need to ride C14 to turn on TPMS, Kawasaki TPMS can be waked up by Autel MaxiPAD, just place it close to sensor and test it, you will get ID form sensor.

I thought the sensors (Kawasaki, anyway) went into deep sleep and would not respond to anything until the motion sensors physically activated them.  If it had to "listen" for a signal all the time, I would think that would degrade the batteries pretty badly.... especially since in normal operation, I thought they never listen, only transmit.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline dbird29

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2022, 07:47:01 AM »
I will try to wake the sensor with the pad again after the F1 race and then do a ride around the block if that doesn't work.

I wonder if the Kawasaki sensor uses a "roll switch" to turn on.
(from Wiki)
 The acceleration sensor may be a simple switch rather than an analog transducer (accelerometer). This is usually referred to as a roll switch. The acceleration sensor allows the TPM to be placed in a low-power communication device mode, when the vehicle is stationary which can extend the battery life. The advantage of a roll switch over an accelerometer is that the switch is purely mechanical and doesn't use any power to take a measurement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_TPMS
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline dbird29

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2022, 11:04:09 AM »
No go on the Autel Maxi Pad reading the Kawasaki sensors whether I just turned on stationary or rode the bike (pressure di display on dash after riding). The Ebay Mazda sensors and the other vehicles in the garage read fine.
Stumped in Utah.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2022, 10:27:02 PM »
Dropped my tire off today for install. I’ll have it back tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2022, 09:55:25 AM »
No go on the Autel Maxi Pad reading the Kawasaki sensors whether I just turned on stationary or rode the bike (pressure di display on dash after riding). The Ebay Mazda sensors and the other vehicles in the garage read fine.
Stumped in Utah.

What protocol did you use to try to read the sensor?

Offline dbird29

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
I used the Mazda 3 setting. This bike is a 2010 model and I wonder if that LDL Technology sensor doesn't support the 125 kHz wake function.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2022, 11:41:26 AM »
Maybe. I couldn't read mine either, but I think that's because they'd been dead a long time before I tried to power them back up. I'm using the ID code on the sensor itself to program the new sensor. If the bike doesn't see it, I'll take it down to my Kawi dealer and they'll hook the bike up and check the programming.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2022, 07:38:41 PM »
Holy $h!tballs!!! It works! I took the sensor number off of the OEM sensor and programmed the Mazda sensor with the pad!

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2022, 07:40:09 PM »
Thank you, johnchen!

Write up is here, as promised: https://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=25416