Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 729255 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2560 on: June 23, 2017, 04:28:43 AM »
I can't read and watch/hear tv either.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2561 on: June 23, 2017, 07:22:01 AM »
My wife claims that I, along with the rest of the male population, cannot multi- task. I respond that she has trouble single- tasking.  ;D  Barbs aside, this is one of the most interesting examples of female multi- tasking I have ever seen.....

Now, THIS is an example of how to multi- task..... at least until the police show up and arrest you. But until that moment, this woman was multi- tasking the hell out of herself and actually including others.... Outstanding!

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/mom-allegedly-breastfed-her-infant-233859435.html

Brian (I have been living among humans now for decades and they still surprise me every single day)

I'm going to have to remember that one! Then I can blame Brian when I am in the dog house for a few days.  ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2562 on: June 23, 2017, 07:53:59 AM »
I cannot believe this guy riding the bike did not go down!

Someone taught someone else a lesson but I am not sure who is who. Also not sure the authorities know who was riding the bike but if they can identity the rider I bet there will be hell to pay....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-motorcyclist-kicks-car-triggers-155759516.html

Brian

An incredible display of stupidity!

! No longer available
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2563 on: June 23, 2017, 08:25:55 AM »
wow,I hope they catch that ass on the bike

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2564 on: June 23, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »

I thought I had heard they already caught the rider.

WRONG
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2565 on: June 23, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »
So a bunch of years ago, the 'bottom feeders' of the US of A decided everyone needed lots of telephone solicitations each and everyday. And it annoyed those of us with telephones, which I suspect is just about everyone. Then the Gummit conjured up the 'Do Not Call' list and things really calmed down for a few years. Then, once all the wires were proverbially twisted together via the 'Net, and it is not legally clear where a phone call really originates from (a call from, say, Maryland, US of A, that is sent through a I.S.P. in, say, Malaysia, becomes difficult to legally determine just where it did originate). Of course the only people who really cared or noticed this were..... yep, the bottom feeders. So the telephone solicitations started again and now they have really ramped things up; I am getting over a dozen a DAY! So I got a new phone (landline w/ message recorder and yes, I know I am the last one in the US using a landline) that has the ole' call blocking feature. But soon it becomes clear that the bottom feeders are not using one number but an entire BLOCK of numbers 'cause they are basically free given the nature of the Internet. Sigh. As fast as I block them, they jump three digits over and hit me again.

I have resorted to turning off all the ringers in my house. All of the phones as well as the base unit light up so if I happen to see that occur, I can take a look at a screen and see if I know who it is. I also have Caller ID announcement but that backfired because even without ringers, I had a mechanical, female voice announce a 9,375 digit phone number along with a city and state name. Oy Vei! So I turned the number of rings down to two and now the answering machine kicks in before 'Bitchin' Betty' can tell me who it is that I do not want to hear from in the first place.

I think this is all a vast conspiracy and I am beginning to see a pattern. First, they forced electronic ignition and fuel injection down our throats. Then KiPass. Next was getting the font on shampoo bottles down to below the recognition threshold. Now it is calling me 43 times a day to sell me hemorrhoid creme or outside air quality insurance or some other foolish thing I do not need. It is getting tougher every single day I tells' ya'!

30 years ago, that would have been a post mocking old people and their endless complaining about nothing. Now it is simply the truth; something here is pathetic but I am not sure if it is 'them' or me.....

:-)

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2567 on: June 23, 2017, 10:07:55 PM »

I hope not! I want that guy in my gang!!

Seriously, though, wish we could see what led to that kick.

And wonder if they caught the rider.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2568 on: June 24, 2017, 05:21:37 AM »

Pretty sure the car entered the lane without looking and starting pushing the bike into the barrier.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2569 on: June 24, 2017, 05:37:04 AM »
Pretty sure the car entered the lane without looking and starting pushing the bike into the barrier.

...and the 75 year old driver was startled and surprised when the dickhead rider kicked his car causing him to erratically jerk the steering wheel and set a possibly deadly chain reaction in motion. Since the dickhead rider had time to attack the car he had time to drop back and not escalate a bad situation.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2570 on: June 24, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »
My wife claims that I, along with the rest of the male population, cannot multi- task. I respond that she has trouble single- tasking.  ;D  Barbs aside, this is one of the most interesting examples of female multi- tasking I have ever seen.....

Now, THIS is an example of how to multi- task..... at least until the police show up and arrest you. But until that moment, this woman was multi- tasking the hell out of herself and actually including others.... Outstanding!

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/mom-allegedly-breastfed-her-infant-233859435.html

Brian (I have been living among humans now for decades and they still surprise me every single day)

I've been told that the reason that I can't multitask is because I'm always thinking about sex. I deigned this of course and said that I do think about other things, I just can't remember what those things are at the moment.    :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2571 on: June 24, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »
...and the 75 year old driver was startled and surprised when the dickhead rider kicked his car causing him to erratically jerk the steering wheel and set a possibly deadly chain reaction in motion. Since the dickhead rider had time to attack the car he had time to drop back and not escalate a bad situation.

Extremely true.  The car driver was an idiot in several ways.  But the motorcycle driver was even more of an idiot.  I hope the passengers in the SUV were all wearing seatbelts.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2572 on: June 25, 2017, 01:27:14 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-road-rage-video-santa-clarita-20170623-story.html

"In an interview with The Times on Friday, Chris Traber, 47, of Santa Clarita, said both men appeared to play a role in the harrowing incident."

"They were headed southbound on the 14 Freeway, and driving in the No. 1 lane, when the man on a Harley Davidson-type motorcycle passed them on the left, riding close to the double-yellow lines that separate the general traffic lanes from the HOV lanes.

About 150 feet ahead was a Nissan sedan driving in the HOV lane, Traber said. Just as the motorcyclist was passing the sedan on the right-hand side, the sedan tried to exit the carpool lane and enter the No. 1 lane. That’s when the car bumped the bike.

“I’m sure he didn’t see the motorcyclist,” Traber said of the driver. “He scared the living daylights out of the motorcyclist. He almost went down. That guy can really handle his bike.”

Traber said that after the motorcyclist regained control, he pulled up to the car’s passenger door and began gesturing at the driver. Traber said he appeared to be saying something too, but Traber couldn’t hear him. He said he figured the biker was “saying something like, hey, you almost hit me! Watch out!”

Traber said it looked as though the driver was yelling something back at the biker, and that it didn’t help matters, because that’s when the motorcyclist started kicking the passenger door.

“I said, ‘Wow, man, something’s going to happen. I gotta get this,’” Traber said. “So I grab my phone and started recording.”

The motorcyclist then swooped behind the sedan, pulled up along the driver side and kicked the car again, Traber said. In a flash, the driver of the sedan swerved hard left and sideswiped the motorcyclist, almost sending him barreling into a concrete freeway divider, he said.

“As you can see, he lost control after doing that,” Traber said of the driver.

The video captured the chaos that ensued. After bumping the motorcyclist, the car swerved right, and then left, and collided with the concrete divider in a shower of sparks and flame. The car then ricocheted off the divider, veered across the freeway and slammed into a Cadillac truck, flipping it over onto its roof."

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2573 on: June 25, 2017, 01:28:40 PM »
I love quoting myself.

! No longer available

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2574 on: June 25, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
So it turns out to be a case of 'Dumb' and 'Dumber' trying to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2575 on: June 25, 2017, 04:21:55 PM »
So it turns out to be a case of 'Dumb' and 'Dumber' trying to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Exactly... and in the process, almost taking others with them.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2576 on: June 25, 2017, 07:39:52 PM »
Well the first thing that struck me in reading this post was 'What does not belong and why?'. I would choose Harley Davidson, and that guy can really handle that bike....    ;D

The other thing that really impressed me is that a human in a car struck a human on a [sort of] motorcycle and the 'car went down'. A most unusual story, and I have to score this as a win for the rider; most of us cannot knock an auto down with a..... well, two wheeled vehicle. This guy's got tenacity and I always appreciate that- he can hide his bike at my house until this whole thing dies down.  ;D

As far as harrowing, well I guess we would have to see everyones' underwear to make that determination. Well, maybe not actually SEE it but certainly a photo. I have seen 'harrowing' and it is all brown and sticky....

Brian

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-road-rage-video-santa-clarita-20170623-story.html

"In an interview with The Times on Friday, Chris Traber, 47, of Santa Clarita, said both men appeared to play a role in the harrowing incident."

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2577 on: June 26, 2017, 06:39:34 AM »
If I got angry and kicked every cager that didn't see me and moved into my lane, I don't think I'd be here to discuss this right now.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2578 on: June 26, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »
Well the first thing that struck me in reading this post was 'What does not belong and why?'. I would choose Harley Davidson, and that guy can really handle that bike....    ;D

The other thing that really impressed me is that a human in a car struck a human on a [sort of] motorcycle and the 'car went down'. A most unusual story, and I have to score this as a win for the rider; most of us cannot knock an auto down with a..... well, two wheeled vehicle. This guy's got tenacity and I always appreciate that- he can hide his bike at my house until this whole thing dies down.  ;D

As far as harrowing, well I guess we would have to see everyones' underwear to make that determination. Well, maybe not actually SEE it but certainly a photo. I have seen 'harrowing' and it is all brown and sticky....

Brian

Actually two cars went down...    This is what happens when road rage escalates.  No one wins...   Not even the mc rider because eventually, he will be known.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2579 on: June 26, 2017, 03:47:52 PM »
Not even the mc rider because eventually, he will be known.

Or will end up dead through his own stupid actions.