Author Topic: Crap! It won't start?! HELP  (Read 12301 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Crap! It won't start?! HELP
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 11:26:25 AM »
Thanks! I guess I need to pay more attention to the details such as a person's signature. $50 seems like a lot but eliminating one of the most dangerous aspects of this bike... priceless!

Which one was that?  They're both $50.

If you ask me, the low fuel Alert is the most dangerous of them all.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
You're not gonna sell many videos if you keep giving the important info away for free.  :P

;D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »
Which one was that?  They're both $50.

If you ask me, the low fuel Alert is the most dangerous of them all.

:thumbs: Exactly! The low fuel alert is DANGEROUS IMO. It keeps drawing my eye to it instead of the road. And trying to turn if off is even more dangerous. I paid my $50 and looking forward to eliminating it. Thank you Brian!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
It also attracts C10s and not in a good way.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
What are you saying- you want me to eliminate your $50? No problem- I have eliminated far larger sums of money that that.....

Funny thing about this but most people seem to really dislike the low fuel warning itself but are not particularly bothered by the loss of the range function. I am just the opposite; the low fuel warning is annoying but there is a way to sort of make it go away (it is clunky and leaves the warning light on though) but my real complaint was the loss of the range function. And at exactly the moment when I might start to care about the actual range left! So I am a little surprised that more people are not more vocal about the range function remaining. We all really do have different views of things and different ways to use the same device. At any rate, I have yet to hear of anyone that LIKED the warning or the loss of the range function so I guess we all have that in common. :-)

Brian

:thumbs: Exactly! The low fuel alert is DANGEROUS IMO. It keeps drawing my eye to it instead of the road. And trying to turn if off is even more dangerous. I paid my $50 and looking forward to eliminating it. Thank you Brian!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
I would love to hear that story from the other guy's (the C-10 rider) point of view. I'm betting it would go something like.... "So there I was, slowing down to make a right turn WHEN SUDDENLY there was this guy who thought it could park his C-14 in my saddlebag...."

;D

Brian

It also attracts C10s and not in a good way.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »
His saddlebag was too small...I had to veer away at the last minute second.