Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 888600 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1400 on: August 02, 2015, 07:18:05 AM »
I put the cams back in my bike last night. To me, this is the most critical part of the project. So I took my time and made sure everything was as good as it could be. Then I rechecked the valves and I am pleased with the results. Guess I gotta figure out how to put the rest of this puzzle back together.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1401 on: August 02, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »
  Of course, you are free to examine my 5338 other posts, none of which police grammar.
  :rotflmao:  Thanks, but I'd rather go do a DIY root canal.

...and..just how would we know which police grammar is/are none of?  ;)  (OK, I'm finished now, as I have to go change the colours of my tyres valve stem caps.)

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1402 on: August 02, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »
Her naked what?  :)

;)

devoid of concealment or disguise

:P

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #1403 on: August 04, 2015, 05:16:02 AM »
After having a spirited run this weekend, I was able to reach 3,000 miles, hence rewarding
her with Motul 7100 synthetic oil

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1404 on: August 04, 2015, 07:29:46 AM »
I put the cams back in my bike last night. To me, this is the most critical part of the project. So I took my time and made sure everything was as good as it could be. Then I rechecked the valves and I am pleased with the results. Guess I gotta figure out how to put the rest of this puzzle back together.
Badass, Chic.
Very cool.
The grass isn't always greener.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1405 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:46 AM »
It looks like I parked it on the wrong side of town!

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #1406 on: August 04, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »
Nice clean work area SC

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1407 on: August 04, 2015, 08:38:35 AM »
It looks like I parked it on the wrong side of town!

:hail:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #1408 on: August 04, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
Thanks guys :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1409 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:22 PM »
My garage was clean once....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1410 on: August 04, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
Mine too- after the concrete hardened and before the building went up.... :-(

Brian

My garage was clean once....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Ginger Ninja

« Reply #1411 on: August 04, 2015, 04:32:53 PM »
Mail man came the other day and brought me some goodies. Brought me a new Sena headset base with an earbud jack, a pair of Shure earbuds, Alaskan sheep skin, and a pair of beemer buddies. I'm riding in first class now.  :D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1412 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »
You started riding first class when you bought the C14.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1413 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:06 PM »
I would like to know more about these Alaskan sheep skin butt pads. Are they just for ventilation purposes or for discomfort?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1414 on: August 04, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »
 ;D warm in the winter ..cool in the summer

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1415 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:53 PM »
They are warm in cooler weather. I use mine after 4 - 5 hours with the stock seat, this seems to help with pressure points and long days in the saddle. Mine adds some height and width to the seat which is felt in the hips after a few hours. 

SC. Anxious to read your ride report after you've install your new fork internals.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #1416 on: August 04, 2015, 08:29:58 PM »
:hail:

So, it looks like she could probably kick my sorry ass, too.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1417 on: August 04, 2015, 08:42:13 PM »
NEVER underestimate the abilities of a lady, especially Nicole.  She's got talents, MUCHO GRANDE.  More than that, conviction and confidence to tackle such a job.  Currently have a fuel line leak on my RT.  Making the repair is overwhelming me, at this time.  Sure wish she didn't live a thousand miles from me....I'd ask for her help and confidence to render the repair.   tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1418 on: August 05, 2015, 03:31:32 AM »
I would like to know more about these Alaskan sheep skin butt pads. Are they just for ventilation purposes or for discomfort?

They are warm in cooler weather. I use mine after 4 - 5 hours with the stock seat, this seems to help with pressure points and long days in the saddle. Mine adds some height and width to the seat which is felt in the hips after a few hours. 

SC. Anxious to read your ride report after you've install your new fork internals.

Nicole, Rubberdown lives in the frigid north so he skinned the whole damn sheep so he can use it as a survival blanket when the temps drop.  :)

sailor_chic

« Reply #1419 on: August 05, 2015, 06:14:05 AM »

Basically they are more for temp ten pressure point relief?

I will definitely post my first ride with the new forks.

NEVER underestimate the abilities of a lady, especially Nicole.  She's got talents, MUCHO GRANDE.  More than that, conviction and confidence to tackle such a job.  Currently have a fuel line leak on my RT.  Making the repair is overwhelming me, at this time.  Sure wish she didn't live a thousand miles from me....I'd ask for her help and confidence to render the repair.   tp

Thanks Tom, I will admit that last night I was talking to myself as I was rebuilding one of the cartridges for the forks. There are a ton of little parts and the directions from Race Tech are far from explicit. Thank goodness they have excellent tech that are willing to help. One guy gave me his cell number and told me to text if I had any issues. Im sure he was regretting it after about the 5th text. In my defense though, he even apologized for the poor instructions supplied with the Gold valve kits.

I would gladly help with your repairs if you were closer.