Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889771 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1980 on: March 06, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
I cut mine from the back end also. But when the inner parts were slide back in, there was 3/8"-1/2" that I had to contend with. Lots of welding.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1981 on: March 06, 2016, 06:59:19 AM »
When little boys get older.   ::)

"the faster you go the louder it gets. just like a real motorcycle."   :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1982 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »
At least two (Easy Boys!) shoulda' been put in there, Nicole. Maybe three....

:-)

Brian

I cut mine from the back end also. But when the inner parts were slide back in, there was 3/8"-1/2" that I had to contend with. Lots of welding.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #1983 on: March 06, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
Know anyone in SE Texas area looking for a C14, found this tonight.  2600 miles on a '12.  This is where I bought both my '08 and '11.  Honest dealership.  Have bought 14 bikes from them over the past 30+ years. 

http://www.wildwestmotoplex.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=260455&pov=4587861

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1984 on: March 09, 2016, 05:06:28 AM »
Pulled the old original battery (already 8 years old  :o ) and installed the new Motobatt battery that I bought last Fall.

I found a nice mouse nest behind the old battery. I'm not sure how long the nest has been there as I had the old battery out two years ago. Luckily the little bastard didn't chew anything up while residing in my bike except for part of the battery tray guide pin on the rear side of the tray. There was a lot of corrosion on both terminals. If you haven't checked your battery in a while I would recommend doing so.

Then took the first glorious ride of the season on a beautiful 70 degree day.   :)   

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1985 on: March 11, 2016, 06:20:28 AM »
Last night....

Finally put my cam sensor oring in that I got off of MOB a year and a half ago. Managed to do it w/out removing the fan or doing anything to the radiator. Luckily it clicked right in on the first try going by just feel, I know I was extremely lucky but it did go in. So hopefully no more smoke bombs when I fire her up.

Took the rear wheel off so I can get the 3rd tire in 12 months mounted today.

Replaced my aqua box mount and gps unit with a Tomtom Rider v1 I picked up for $80.

Replaced the lock on my topbox since I was down to one key and they don't sell key blanks for them so I just replace the whole lock.

...I think that was it for they day

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1986 on: March 11, 2016, 07:24:50 AM »
Last night....

Finally put my cam sensor oring in that I got off of MOB a year and a half ago. Managed to do it w/out removing the fan or doing anything to the radiator. Luckily it clicked right in on the first try going by just feel, I know I was extremely lucky but it did go in. So hopefully no more smoke bombs when I fire her up.

I need to do that same thing myself. I was greeted with a smoke screen when I fired my bike up for the first time after her winter nap.

What all did you have to take off in order to get the o-ring replaced, just the fairing? I'd like to try it without messing with the radiator/fan if possible. 

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1987 on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:34 AM »
I need to do that same thing myself. I was greeted with a smoke screen when I fired my bike up for the first time after her winter nap.

What all did you have to take off in order to get the o-ring replaced, just the fairing? I'd like to try it without messing with the radiator/fan if possible.

Faring of course, then I removed the plastic air/heat deflector that's under the fairing. I took 2 of the 3 fan bolts out (the ones on the right side)leaving the upper left one. I pivoted the fan counter clock wise as far as I could. This leaves just enough room to get your hand and wrench in there to get it out. Sprayed a little brake cleaner in there to clean it up and hit it with air compressor before removing. Once I had the sensor out the wire is long enough to pull the sensor to the side to clean it a install the new ring. Once the new oring is on the sensor I put a few drops of gear oil on it and just rocked it as I twisted back and forth and mine literally popped right in. I know some haven't had that kind of luck.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1988 on: March 11, 2016, 12:34:50 PM »
Faring of course, then I removed the plastic air/heat deflector that's under the fairing. I took 2 of the 3 fan bolts out (the ones on the right side)leaving the upper left one. I pivoted the fan counter clock wise as far as I could. This leaves just enough room to get your hand and wrench in there to get it out. Sprayed a little brake cleaner in there to clean it up and hit it with air compressor before removing. Once I had the sensor out the wire is long enough to pull the sensor to the side to clean it a install the new ring. Once the new oring is on the sensor I put a few drops of gear oil on it and just rocked it as I twisted back and forth and mine literally popped right in. I know some haven't had that kind of luck.

some folks have said it is too tight of an o ring, but I think its a perfect fit, you can definatly tell its tighter compared to the oem one, I simply pinched it into the groove with my finger nails as I was inserting it, and it popped right in...

when I did the first one I did remove all the mid and lower plastic, and the black front pieces, and so I could completely clean the engine I removed the top radiator mounts and rolled it forward onto a piece of cardboard covering the front fender,  this allowed plenty of room to completely clean the engine front, and also allowed room to check the header mounting nuts, which were to my surprise, correctly tight already... which surprised me as soo many have reported thiers were loose... lucky I guess.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1989 on: March 12, 2016, 07:04:24 AM »
some folks have said it is too tight of an o ring, but I think its a perfect fit, you can definatly tell its tighter compared to the oem one, I simply pinched it into the groove with my finger nails as I was inserting it, and it popped right in...

when I did the first one I did remove all the mid and lower plastic, and the black front pieces, and so I could completely clean the engine I removed the top radiator mounts and rolled it forward onto a piece of cardboard covering the front fender,  this allowed plenty of room to completely clean the engine front, and also allowed room to check the header mounting nuts, which were to my surprise, correctly tight already... which surprised me as soo many have reported thiers were loose... lucky I guess.

Yea I did all that cleaning and tightening last year when I had it apart for the valves. I replaced the o ring too but I put one in I had laying around that did fit tight but must have been crappy quality because it squared off and started leaking again. Remember when the ones you send me got lost in the mail and I got them too late to use them. So mine wasn't that dirty this time around.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1990 on: March 12, 2016, 05:14:45 PM »
replaced the battery, bent up some sheet metal to make some hand-wings and cut a $12 beaded seat cover down to fit

sailor_chic

« Reply #1991 on: March 12, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »
Great picture!

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #1992 on: March 12, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »
Looked at it longingly,made a puck for the kickstand, epoxied some shortened keys into oil caps to leave in the bags then sat back and looked at it some more.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #1993 on: March 12, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
Loved my beaded seat on my C10 when the weather got hot.
Wayne

replaced the battery, bent up some sheet metal to make some hand-wings and cut a $12 beaded seat cover down to fit
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #1994 on: March 12, 2016, 09:21:20 PM »
Gave her a quick bath and then went and got her dirty again:

'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1995 on: March 13, 2016, 07:22:14 AM »

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #1996 on: March 15, 2016, 06:20:29 AM »
Over the last couple of weeks and finished yesterday.

Installed Rostra cruise control

Twin Fiamm highway blasters (low and high tone)

LED headlights and driving light bulbs

Canyon cages and side bag guards

Coming soon will be Hyper lites brake lights, custom rack to mount Givi from my C10 and SISF's flash.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

sailor_chic

« Reply #1997 on: March 15, 2016, 04:36:42 PM »
Joe's been busy!

Offline Arkkangel

« Reply #1998 on: March 16, 2016, 04:23:32 PM »
Painted the rims, handle bars, rear grad handles swing arm, drive housing and any silver metals black. I think it looks a whole lot better.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1999 on: March 16, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »
Painted the rims, handle bars, rear grad handles swing arm, drive housing and any silver metals black. I think it looks a whole lot better.

Meh.  I think it looks much better stock, myself (especially the shaft drive).  (And you missed the silver peg "winglets" and left cover and shifter rods)  But what is important is how YOU like it, since it is your bike!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc