Author Topic: Shortening the factory exhaust  (Read 15745 times)

Offline Toaster

Re: Shortening the factory exhaust
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »
Nicely done!  My mid pipe was only about 1/2 inch into the can, when I removed the mid pipe to send off to a "Membah" I was surprised at how easy it was to remove.  No more bazooka shadows will be chasing you!!!!!!!!

I find it interesting that there would be different lengths of mid-pipe going into the muffler. I thought that these factory exhaust would be made on a jig. I am very happy with the look now. I do not need any more HP. I came off a Suzuki  DL-1000. I enjoyed the V-Strom, but it was in a totally different league then my C-14. I still catch myself going WAY to fast.
The Very best of the Season
Merry CHRISTmas
Bryan

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »
Still looks like total ass IMHO, you just went from a big turd to a small turd. One of the biggest and ugliest exhaust cans on any bike I have ever seen.

:)  Of course, I will post my mandatory: "I *like* the stock exhaust... looks great to me".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
A shucks, a nice small ass is preferable over a big ass anyday ;D
shake that money maker

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Offline momo65

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
i like the muffler the way it is too, lotta people don't like it for some reason, i think the only thing i would do to it would like to do would be paint the gray part black. due to my 09 being black.

Offline momo65

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
and sorry about my sentence, have too many would's there, lol , tired going to bed.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 03:41:49 PM »
i like the muffler the way it is too, lotta people don't like it for some reason

I like the stock muffler just fine, too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
Still looks like total ass IMHO, you just went from a big turd to a small turd. One of the biggest and ugliest exhaust cans on any bike I have ever seen.

don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel Bro... :rotflmao:

Hey pokey....stare closely at this photo, and repeat those words again.... 8)

and remember, there are 2 of them, fugly on both sides of those bikes... ;D

I kinda like my "little turd"....

Nicely done!  My mid pipe was only about 1/2 inch into the can, when I removed the mid pipe to send off to a "Membah" I was surprised at how easy it was to remove.  No more bazooka shadows will be chasing you!!!!!!!!

:hail: :thumbs:did I remember to thank you?... ;)  seriously, thank you again, I have'nt forgotten, and plan on getting the "new mini adapter" worked up this spring.... :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:42:10 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »

Say it ain't so, Poke!  Say it ain't so! :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
MOB, you sure did!!  I'm looking forward to what ya come up with, should be a good mod for the frugal folks amongst us :)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
Say it ain't so, Poke!  Say it ain't so! :'(

It is very much so......
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

MGvalerio

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »
I took 9 inches off and it sounds a little throatier than stock.  It has kept me happy while I waited to buy a full AreaP. 

My phone doesn't take the best videos but it is good enough that you can get an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C14bagger?blend=6&ob=5#p/u/0/Je-pa65z8fM
[/quote

Accorciato di 15 cm e costruito Db-killer,in questo filmato è senza Db-killer.

Shortened to 15 cm and constructed Db-killer in this movie is without Db-killer.

http://youtu.be/YoVUID-MmS8

MGvalerio. 8)