Author Topic: New member from Hartwell, Georgia  (Read 1611 times)

Offline twistyrider

New member from Hartwell, Georgia
« on: June 05, 2021, 05:00:03 PM »
Hi all, I've been hesitant to join this forum because all the forums I've been a member of in the past from Suzuki TL-1000 to Hayabusa, to the Kawasaki ZZR forum, to Aprilia Tuono and to Ducati all caused me to spend more money on my bikes!  But HERE I am looking for ways to improve my new to me 2009 Connie.  Love the bike!  Having owned about 25 motorcycles in the past 25 years, this one is quite impressive, especially as a sport touring bike.  Of the sport-touring bikes I've owned, it is clearly the best (to me) in terms of looks, handling, power, comfort, smoothness and wind protection.  That list includes from most recent to past:  2013 Ducati Multistrada, 2011 Triumph Sprint GT, 2005 Honda ST1300, 2006 Yamaha FJR1300.  The Connie really does beat them all in those categories as far as I'm concerned. 

Anyway, I bought this one with a bunch of goodies already installed so I don't have to do much to it.  It came with Leo Vince titanium slip on.  Two seats--Sargent WorldSport, and Russell DayLong.  Ohlins shock.  V-Stream windshield.  Bar risers.  Color-matched and keyed Kawasaki top case.  Tec-Spec tank protector pads.  The only thing so far that I've done is the Ivan's ECU reflash.  HUGE difference!  He will have to reflash it again because a friend is giving me a Delkevic de-cat header that I plan to install.  Oh, I did apply a couple of Dragon decals having ridden The Dragon both ways a couple of times recently.

Looking forward to spending some time here, learning more and enjoying the bike.  All the best!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: New member from Hartwell, Georgia
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 06:23:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 09:28:29 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »
Sounds like your bike is well Farkled! Welcome to the group.

Justa thought; Come ride with us..
The COG National will be near you (Guntersville Al.) soon.
Many of us will be arriving next weekend.
https://concours.org/National

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 02:17:04 AM »
Welcome TwistyRider. She is fun for a behemoth  ;D
She's an ST but definitely biased towards the S side.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline twistyrider

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »
Thanks all for the warm welcome.  A long time riding buddy rode my Connie and sold his Hayabusa and bought a 2010 Concours that too was already well farkled.  We're doing a four-day ride next week that will base us in Waynesville, North Carolina for a few nights. 

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 08:23:09 AM »
North Carolina is just a "twist of the wrist" from Guntersville {via Connie}.
Come by and say howdeee.
Should be 100-150 of us there.
We'll talk Connie to anyone.. <grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 05:18:06 PM »
Some of  us are going camping at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground near Waynesville NC the last w/e of July. Stop by. (I live in Gainesville GA btw).
2014 C-14 Red