Author Topic: Is anyone happy with the Oneil Tirade bluetooth helmet?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline katata1100

Is anyone happy with the Oneil Tirade bluetooth helmet?
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
I see these being blown out for $200. I like the idea of having speakers/electronics integrated into the helmet and not being cobbled together. I am not looking for audiophile sound quality, just the ability to hear a little music of my Iphone along with hearing the voice commands from the GPS program.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
Re: Is anyone happy with the Oneil Tirade bluetooth helmet?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »
I don't know about that particular brand but I did buy a helmet with Blue tooth built in. It works great at low speeds but at anything above 50 mph all I can hear is the "essense" of music. I'll post the particular brand after I get home to look at it. It was one Cycle Gear had on sale last year for $80.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
Take a peep at J&M Audio.  A little pricey but after almost a year I couldnt imagine not having my N-103 setup.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »
I have a Sena SMH-10 and wouldn't think of it as "cobbled" together.  It attaches very securely and provides adequate sound (bass is just "ok").  The best thing is that you can switch the device between helmets within two seconds if you have a seperate mounting base that only costs $20-$30.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline bhodge10

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
I use 2 Sena SMH10 between 3 helmets. for my helmet i bought the headphones adapter which includes the microphone. This allows me to use my own headphones. Then for the other 2 helmets, i use the microphone and speakers that come with set. This allows you to velcro the speakers right next to your ears. My wife had no problem hearing me at highway speeds. I highly recommend the Sena, best money I've spent on helmet communication device. Plus it controls your bluetooth phone and if you have an Iphone, you can press the cell button once, wait for the tone and you will be able to issue commands to the phone (call john mobile or play playlist 1 etc).

Offline katata1100

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:32:15 PM »
Got my Oneil Tirade today from Motorcycle-Superstore.
Took it out of the box, blue tooth unit is totally dead. Plugged it in, display dead (it is supposed to say "battery" or something like that )
Got a UPS shipping label from them. I don't understand the wording of their return policy as it sounds like they will deduct shipping to/from me of this helmet, which I think is unfair since it was d.o.a. If they do,I'll dispute it with my CC.