Author Topic: Recent Shad SH46 Owners  (Read 2620 times)

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
Recent Shad SH46 Owners
« on: May 26, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »
Hey all, I hope you can help me from having a nasty phone call with Shad.  I recently purchased an SH46 top case.  It's a 2010 model so this may only apply to those owners.  According to the instructions included with the case there should be two  mounting plates.  One plastic finishing plate and one thin metal plate that the plastic plate covers up.  Mine didn't come with the metal plate.  I emailed the vendor and explained this.  The vendor emailed Shad (with my email attached).  I was just sent another plastic mounting plate.  Is the metal plate something they've done away with for the newer models?  I've looked online and can't seem to get a good answer.  Anything you guys can tell me would be great.
I feel like a new person!

Offline soonerone

Re: Recent Shad SH46 Owners
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
Have the same size, and yes, mine came with a plastic mounting plate only.  After a couple of year's, it's held up ok.  Hasn't cracked or let go of the case at some "spirited" speeds.

Bob

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:55:18 AM »
Rumor has it that Shad did away with the very nice metal plate with the plastic cover. IMO, a mistake. That was one of Shad's advantages over the competition. They included a very good and strong mount with their top case! It made Shad much more cost effective over the higher end competition! Hopefully the plastic will hold up OK!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 04:11:45 AM »
I've got the metal one for my '46.  If it had come with plastic I would have sent it back. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:30:41 AM »
IIRC, mine came with the plastic and the metal plates.  The metal made the installation MUCH more secure.  I don't like the design.  Should be one very thick, solid plate.

Having rock-climbed for many years, I'm a big fan of things being "bomb-proof".

YMMV,
Barry
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
Well I just went ahead and mounted it with just the plastic plate. Its on Phil's rack so hopefully that'll help. I suppose I have extra mounting hardware now.
I feel like a new person!