Author Topic: Pazzo levers  (Read 11144 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Pazzo levers
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
I'm looking at getting some Pazzo levers. They offer these in both standard or folding, I understand the benefit of the folding option if you ever go down, are there any downsides to the folding option vs standard??  :-\
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:11:22 PM by ZG »

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Pazzo levers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
I am shopping for some shorty levers, you found them for any less than $179?

I don't know why there would be any drawbacks to the folding levers, besides having a little additional weight and complexity.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »
What advantages are there to the Pazzo levers over the stock levers?
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
What advantages are there to the Pazzo levers over the stock levers?

No Jax, my question is between the folding Pazzo and the non-folding Pazzo.

Joncon11

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 03:17:00 AM »
I'm looking at getting some Pazzo levers. They offer these in both standard or folding, I understand the benefit of the folding option if you ever go down, are there any downsides to the folding option vs standard??  :-\

Good morning, I can't answer your question, but I can show you a quality billet replacement lever thats less expensive than the Pazzos,
http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=9
I have these on my Ducati and may get them for my Concours also. I have the short brake lever, and the standard clutch lever

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:11:37 AM »
I have a set of the regular Pazzo levers on my sv and I think I would try the folding models. The folding lever looks smoother and more natural shape.

Advantages to these over stock?  Its tough to come up with anything meaningful, really.  Adjustments are fairly similar.  But the feel difference is huge. I would describe it as being like benign an expensive lock set for the front door of  a house.  The 10.00 dollar lock might work as well, but lacks the feel of the 200.00 lock.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »
I bought some $40 dollar knock-offs off ebay and I prefer the feel of them compared to the stock levers.

Offline KLRrider

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
I don’t think I have ever posted on this site but I visit it often and have learned a great deal.  I purchased Pazzo levers for my ’09 C14 in Sept and soon after completed a 1200 mile ride.  I was frankly surprised at the difference the levers made.  I had not expected much difference between the “feel” of the stock levers and the pazzos.  I was really just looking for a more custom look.  I was actually quite surprised at the improved feel and feedback offered by both levers, but especially the clutch lever.  The increase in “feel” and feedback improved clutch engagement and shifting.  I struggle to account for how these levers could be so different from the stock levers.  Certainly there is nothing wrong with the stock levers.  My theory is that because of finer machining, more rigid structure and tighter clearances the pazzo levers do not push away vertically from my fingers the way the stock levers do.  The lever only moves back along the vertical plane directly transferring finger rolling/curling action into a strictly lateral movement.  The pazzos don’t “wiggle” up and down in their mount, even in the slightest, the way the stock levers can.  That probably doesn’t make much sense, but whatever the difference I am quite satisfied with the result.  Purely as an aesthetic purchase they are probably worth the $200.  They are amazingly well made and finely machined.   But the improved feel and feedback took me completely by surprise.  I honestly didn’t think the functioning of the stock levers could be improved upon to any appreciable degree. 

You should note that the long levers are a ½ inch shorter than the stock levers.  I debated with myself for a long time on whether to purchase the short or long levers.  I am glad I got the long levers.  The short would seem very short to me.  That’s probably just a personal choice.  I wear mostly size XL gloves and only two or three fingers fit on the long pazzo front brake lever, which is what I was after.  It seems that the shorty lever might have been more like a brake trigger rather than a lever.   

Offline KLRrider

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »
Other than a possible change in shape, what would be the advantage of the folding over the regular levers? 

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »
Good morning, I can't answer your question, but I can show you a quality billet replacement lever thats less expensive than the Pazzos,
http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=9
I have these on my Ducati and may get them for my Concours also. I have the short brake lever, and the standard clutch lever

I've got several friends with the Chinese knock-offs. I don't find them to be a solid as the real Pazzo levers.

But personally, I'd rather spend the $200 on a new windshield that will make a difference in my riding comfort/experience, rather than on something that is almost purely asthetic. But that's just me.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
I don’t think I have ever posted on this site but I visit it often and have learned a great deal.  I purchased Pazzo levers for my ’09 C14 in Sept and soon after completed a 1200 mile ride.  I was frankly surprised at the difference the levers made.  I had not expected much difference between the “feel” of the stock levers and the pazzos.  I was really just looking for a more custom look.  I was actually quite surprised at the improved feel and feedback offered by both levers, but especially the clutch lever.  The increase in “feel” and feedback improved clutch engagement and shifting.  I struggle to account for how these levers could be so different from the stock levers.  Certainly there is nothing wrong with the stock levers.  My theory is that because of finer machining, more rigid structure and tighter clearances the pazzo levers do not push away vertically from my fingers the way the stock levers do.  The lever only moves back along the vertical plane directly transferring finger rolling/curling action into a strictly lateral movement.  The pazzos don’t “wiggle” up and down in their mount, even in the slightest, the way the stock levers can.  That probably doesn’t make much sense, but whatever the difference I am quite satisfied with the result.  Purely as an aesthetic purchase they are probably worth the $200.  They are amazingly well made and finely machined.   But the improved feel and feedback took me completely by surprise.  I honestly didn’t think the functioning of the stock levers could be improved upon to any appreciable degree. 

You should note that the long levers are a ½ inch shorter than the stock levers.  I debated with myself for a long time on whether to purchase the short or long levers.  I am glad I got the long levers.  The short would seem very short to me.  That’s probably just a personal choice.  I wear mostly size XL gloves and only two or three fingers fit on the long pazzo front brake lever, which is what I was after.  It seems that the shorty lever might have been more like a brake trigger rather than a lever.
ditto!!!!
happy trails     2016 c14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Other than a possible change in shape, what would be the advantage of the folding over the regular levers?

They fold up instead of snapping off if your bike goes down.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 02:12:29 PM »
But personally, I'd rather spend the $200 on a new windshield that will make a difference in my riding comfort/experience, rather than on something that is almost purely asthetic. But that's just me.

I already bought a shield WG...  ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
Pazzo levers are not just for looks, if you've ever used real roller-bearing precision levers you'd know this.

Chinese junk is for those who are ok with "2nd best" things

The Pazzo levers are made so if you go down on the bike they will snap off on the end but you can still ride.

I always liked the shorties best on my bikes, although I've had the long clutch/shortie brake configuration on a couple of bikes

The C14 is the only bike I've had without Pazzo's being installed at the same time as clip-ons, custom rearsets, exhausts, steel brake lines, etc. But its also the only bike I've used for sport-touring instead of performance.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »
I gained almost 1/2" closer to the grip on the brake side with the Pazzo. It will lock the brake before it bottoms against the bar. The clutch is almost a flea flicker with the smooth action of the premium lever. When I switched them out I did clean a bit of greasy dirt from the components. I think if any one is one the fence about the Pazzo's they would find a great benefit in cleaning and lubeing the existing components.

Offline latinmercy

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
I have slider & folding levers from rideitmoto.com. they hold up well.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
Pazzo levers are not just for looks, if you've ever used real roller-bearing precision levers you'd know this.

Chinese junk is for those who are ok with "2nd best" things

:goodpost:  +1...

I had Pazzo's on my VFR and 4 Gixxers, loved em on all.  :thumbs:

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 06:06:37 AM »
I have the Pazzo's on my 2010 and love them.  :-)
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »
I just ordered up a set today, I went with the standard length with the folding option, black/black...  8)

I'll post up some pics when they arrive, hopefully by the end of the week.  :chugbeer:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 03:55:28 AM »
 :popcorn:
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.