Author Topic: Best helmet intercom set-up?  (Read 39221 times)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Re: Best helmet intercom set-up?
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
I have both a Scala G4 Powerset, and two of the UClear HBC100 sets...I like the boomless mic aspect of the UClear...makes it very easy to fit to any helmet...sound quality is about equal on both sets...very good!  I do like the fact that the G4 lets me plug in a wired mp3, though...

Now that riding season is here...I really need to decide which one I want to keep...and sell the other set...decisions...decisions...decisions....
'02 C-10

Offline AndrewUCLEAR

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
Hey guys, its good to be back online.
FYI...
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/uclear-hbc-100/

By the way, we can not reproduce the issues that WBW had with the GSP devices.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »
That Sena is looking better to me all the time.  I wanna use my DroidX for Navi and music for now. And phone calls of course.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »
Sena. Got one. Love it. BIG tuning wheel on the outside of it so you can adjust things even while wearing gloves.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
I researched for many, many hours and gave up.  I am stuck with a NON bluetooth Zumo model and would have to get that to send music/voice to the headset.  That would require some type of powered, 3.5mm to bluetooth adapter accessory that apparently NONE of the manufacturers offer.  There are third party ones, but they either have horrible reviews or use batteries and no provision for 12V.

So I am stuck with no phone, and wired speakers from helmet to the bike/Zumo.  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
The more I look into it, nothing against anyother brands, but it seems to me that the SENA SMH10 is the way to go for the features and the price.
Cheapest price I have found so far is $296.98 at http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-3129/Sena-SMH10-SMH-10/Detail

Has anyone found it cheaper somewhere else?

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »
The more I look into it, nothing against anyother brands, but it seems to me that the SENA SMH10 is the way to go for the features and the price.
Cheapest price I have found so far is $296.98 at http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servlet/the-3129/Sena-SMH10-SMH-10/Detail

Has anyone found it cheaper somewhere else?

I thought someone saw it for 269.00.  I'm trying to find that post and find out where.  I'm tempted to try out one first to check it out.

Offline stewart

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
I've been very happy with the Starcom1 Digital, meets all my needs. But speaker (earbuds) and microphone seem to play a key roles on comfort and quality.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:17 PM »
Autocom works well for me.

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
anyone using the Schuberth c3 and it's Scala set up? I just got it and want to synch it to my Zumo 550, but haven't done it yet. Ride from Phoenix to Palm Springs on Friday and will try it for the first time. Will give you and update on Sunday. Go Irish!

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 02:36:51 AM »
I thought someone saw it for 269.00.  I'm trying to find that post and find out where.  I'm tempted to try out one first to check it out.

That was the price a few months ago, seems the current price is 299.00 for the dual set
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline dras

• Arena
  • The Invisible Man
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 10:32:15 AM »
I could have sworn I saw the Sena dual set for $269 somewhere as well within the last week or so. If I find it again, I'll post.
Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »
I could have sworn I saw the Sena dual set for $269 somewhere as well within the last week or so. If I find it again, I'll post.

If I can get that price shipped I am on it.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »
Here is a place showing $266, never heard of them, do your due diligence before putting up your money though.

http://www.getyourtech.com/servlet/the-164954/Bluetooth%26reg-scln--Headsets-and-Intercom/Detail

No affiliation and I don't want to be blamed if they are a rip off.  ???

Well I just googled a quick review of the company, I say stay away but:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GetYourTech
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 11:52:58 AM »
If I can get that price shipped I am on it.

I am in for sure at that price.   Doesn't anyone on this forum have a hook-up at Sena for us?    :(

Offline simply40

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »
I have had the SENA for a little over a year now..My wife rides her own ride and so bike to bike was important.  SENA has by far exceeded my expectations. 

I have sent an e-mail to the vendor I used and asked him if he was willing to participate in group buy.  I will advise when he responds.   I have no affiliation with them but he better then price matched when I bought from him.

Offline SparX

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »
Will the Sena install into the Nolan N-Com mounting location so I don't end up with something drooping down on the side of my helmet?  I can get a really good deal on the Sena if we can do a bulk purchase of 5 or more units.  The more we get, the better the discount.  I'll do some checking and get a price published for those interested.

-SparX
-SparX

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 07:08:34 PM »

I know I'll get dung for this post and deserve it but....I went two years without a bike and somehow lost the main part of my chatterbox tandem and plan on replacing it. We used it and really liked it outside of +85 mph kinda useless... my thought was fine- I need to be paying more attention anyhow.
      After looking at new prices of better stuff I thought $60.00 ;my helmets wired and I have all the goodies,they "say" it has connectability  we'll see-but really if you can deal with wires it's your pillions job & they like like that  :)

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »
if the price is right (ie...less than the $299 you can find them online), count me in on a group buy.

Offline simply40

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »
Following is the response from the vendor I got my SENA from, I can only speak from my experience and he has shipped to me twice same day, good communication and fair pricing.  Maybe there are cheaper out there but I stick with vendors that appear to want my business not just my dollars.  Best way to reach them is probably through the web  http://radiorider.com/default.aspx  Again I have no connection with the company.

*********************************************************************************************************
There are that many Concours in Bemidji?!  Ha Ha.   I drive a FJR1300, so I ‘m riding a similar style bike.  Fun stuff.

I tell you what...  Since you’re a local and you ride a great bike,  I’ll sell to your friends for $275 for a Dual Pack, $155 for a single Pack SENA product.  We will also give you FREE PRIORITY SHIPPING.   Just tell them “RadioRider.com loves Concours” and if they say they are on the “Concours Forum and tell RadioRider.com what year and color they ride”, they can get the discount. 

OK?

Ron Flemming

PMB#173
4302 13th Ave S, Ste 4
Fargo, ND 58103
Toll Free 888-939-4440
************************************************************************************

btw we have a fine gang of riders wearing tires on all the lake twisters, OK be careful with gang..1%..NO..fine gentlemen and women riding these marvelous machines.  Good luck Ron these gents appear pretty solid.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:31:24 PM by simply40 »