Author Topic: ZG Ray Ban's...  (Read 8824 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: ZG Ray Ban's...
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:28 AM »
Just another one of the advantages of shopping while drinking.    ;)

Indeed C!  ;D :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 07:11:54 AM »
is there any other color?  :o

ZG, those ray bans look awesome. Any legal?

Thanks Martin!  :chugbeer:

I'm not sure on other color choices... As for legal, my guess is no, but that's only a big deal if they enforce it I guess... Here in the PNW it's pretty common for cars (and some bikes too) to tint their light lenses...  :-\

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:11 AM »

Thanks Martin!  :chugbeer:

I'm not sure on other color choices... As for legal, my guess is no, but that's only a big deal if they enforce it I guess... Here in the PNW it's pretty common for cars (and some bikes too) to tint their light lenses...  :-\

I would guess its legal for day since headlights are not required for day.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 07:51:55 AM »
Headlights on in VA at all times...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 08:07:34 AM »
Headlights on in VA at all times...

You are correct. Just looked this up at: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/State-Laws.aspx?stateid=37 and more states then I thought require daytime headlights on motorcycles including Oregon. Not Colorado though.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
I would guess its legal for day since headlights are not required for day.

Not sure, but even if not technically legal it comes down to how much it's enforced, not that I want to give the LEO's a reason to pull me over, but rocking em around town during the daytime in the summer months I'd think would be ok...  :-\

Worst case is they'd pull you over for them and you can take them off in about 5 seconds and put em in the side case, I'm sure if you played dumb and said you didn't know and then pulled them off they'd let you go on your way without the ticket...  :-\

I think some tinted windows are also technically illegal as well, but yet everyone has them, so it really comes down to how you roll the dice IMO...  :-\

I've only been pulled over on my Connie once, and we talked more about my bike and the mods than anything, and in the end I didn't even get a ticket.  :) :thumbs:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 12:29:15 PM »

Not sure, but even if not technically legal it comes down to how much it's enforced, not that I want to give the LEO's a reason to pull me over, but rocking em around town during the daytime in the summer months I'd think would be ok...  :-\

Worst case is they'd pull you over for them and you can take them off in about 5 seconds and put em in the side case, I'm sure if you played dumb and said you didn't know and then pulled them off they'd let you go on your way without the ticket...  :-\

I think some tinted windows are also technically illegal as well, but yet everyone has them, so it really comes down to how you roll the dice IMO...  :-\

I've only been pulled over on my Connie once, and we talked more about my bike and the mods than anything, and in the end I didn't even get a ticket.  :) :thumbs:

Agree completely. I'd be surprised if you got pulled over during the day for that.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

People get pulled over for dark tint ALL THE TIME around here, I have a friend who is a ex cop , he got a ticket for having sun glasses on that did not have a foam seal, yet he had on a full coverage helmut on ? his shield  was up , you don't even have to wear a helmut in Florida :o
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 03:50:15 PM »
People get pulled over for dark tint ALL THE TIME around here, I have a friend who is a ex cop , he got a ticket for having sun glasses on that did not have a foam seal, yet he had on a full coverage helmut on ? his shield  was up , you don't even have to wear a helmut in Florida :o

:o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 05:30:36 AM »
You are correct. Just looked this up at: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/State-Laws.aspx?stateid=37 and more states then I thought require daytime headlights on motorcycles including Oregon. Not Colorado though.

I'm always correct except in those rare instances where I'm just nearly correct.

I think that's why most (if not all) street bikes come with the headlights automatically on.  There is no on/off switch.  I'm speaking Japanese brands.  I don't know about the others.  I could be just nearly correct about that.

And speaking of MC headlights, I had a bmw behind me last night with his frickin brights on or running a higher output white light...   :censored: annoying it was until I slowed below 55 to let him get by me.  This makes me crazy....and annoyed.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:27 AM »
I'm always correct except in those rare instances where I'm just nearly correct.

I think that's why most (if not all) street bikes come with the headlights automatically on.  There is no on/off switch.  I'm speaking Japanese brands.  I don't know about the others.  I could be just nearly correct about that.

And speaking of MC headlights, I had a bmw behind me last night with his frickin brights on or running a higher output white light...   :censored: annoying it was until I slowed below 55 to let him get by me.  This makes me crazy....and annoyed.

I saw that!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »

;D :chugbeer:

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 06:29:06 PM »

After letting him pass, did you consider turning on your high beam and following him?  :)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
That's the Darth Vader mobile. Very sharp. 8)
I'll use high beams during the day...
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 07:04:57 PM »
I wonder if 'technically' my lights are on, and the little lights pass legal muster?
I can could turn on my Denali's and be visual and maintain the stealth look, cause, damn, they look good. Depends on how LEO wants to bust my chops, or just have a look.  8)
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
That's the Darth Vader mobile. Very sharp. 8)
I'll use high beams during the day...

Thanks JM!  :chugbeer:

The force is strong in this one brutha...  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
I wonder if 'technically' my lights are on, and the little lights pass legal muster?
I can could turn on my Denali's and be visual and maintain the stealth look, cause, damn, they look good. Depends on how LEO wants to bust my chops, or just have a look.  8)

;D
Maybe TM, thanks bro!  :chugbeer:

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 06:27:22 AM »
In the last pic with the lights on, is that thru the covers?
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
In the last pic with the lights on, is that thru the covers?

Yep.  :)