Author Topic: C14 Pit Bull rear stand arrived today  (Read 11052 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: C14 Pit Bull rear stand arrived today
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
So when are you having these stands painted Kawasaki Green, J?    :stirpot:

Nah C, I like that the gold matches the wheels...  ;) ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »

ZG, nice bike stands. I'm curious whether you need to get the bike nearly vertical, with blocks under the sidestand perhaps, before you can use either racing stand or do you prefer the added excitement of using them directly off a leaning stand.[size=78%] [/size]

That's the good thing IMO about the forward facing handle, I just hold the bike straight up with the left rear MCE bar with my right hand, check to make sure the stand is positioned correctly under the swing arm on both sides, and then push the stand arm forward with my left hand, easy peasy.  :)

Also, do you have inexpensive child labor tethered in your garage to get your bike museum-quality clean?  ;D

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:11 PM »
My personal stand.

MG valerio. ;D
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 04:51:03 AM »
That won't do at all, MG.  It's too low tech...   ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:35 AM »

Maybe if he had the wood block carbon fibered?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 05:23:51 AM »

a better way that you know!!

MG valerio. ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:03 AM »

Or painted green with gold highlights??
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:01 AM »

;D ;D ;D    OK

MG valerio. ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »

That's the good thing IMO about the forward facing handle, I just hold the bike straight up with the left rear MCE bar with my right hand, check to make sure the stand is positioned correctly under the swing arm on both sides, and then push the stand arm forward with my left hand, easy peasy.  :)

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

+1

forward handle
is way to go.  I have both types, the little track bikes are as simple to hold up by the rear fender once you've done it twice.  The rear handle is nice because there is no handle on the side of the bike to get in the way of working on it or fooling with tire warmers.

Also my forward facing stand prohibits the stand handle from taking up room and behind an obstruction behind the bike which I appreciate in the garage:

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:      :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 06:03:50 AM »
....I just hold the bike straight up with the left rear MCE bar with my right hand,....... and then push the stand arm forward with my left hand, easy peasy. 

Balancing the bike vertically with one arm and raise it with the other? Even Popeye would need several dozen cans of spinach to pull that off. ;) Staying on the subject, does anybody other than Fred Harmon jack up the front end using the header pipes as the jacking point? To me that was a real head-scratcher in otherwise very informative videos.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline BobK

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
C14 Pit Bull rear stand arrived today, pretty slick IMO! I already had a universal front Pit Bull so now I'm all set...  :)

http://www.pit-bull.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PBMSA&Product_Code=F0093-000&Category_Code=rear_stands

The link says for years 12 & 13 but they're just clueless on that, it will work for all model year C14's, mines an 09.

I wanted to get one of these for 2 reasons... first off when I did the Muzzys 1" lowering link I had to ditch the center stand, and 2nd... they come in GOLD to match my wheels...  8)

One thing to note, this stand wont work with the Top Block rear swing arm sliders, the TB sliders are just too long, so I had to go to the shorter ProjektD rear swing arm sliders and added the MCE rear bars to protect my rear end...  :-\ ;)

The height is adjustable as seen in the 2nd pic, in these pics I have it set at the 2nd notch from the lowest, I played with the different positions and the higher you go the harder it is to get the C14 up due to the massive weight, I opted for a lower setting for my own ease.  ;) ;D

Ok, here's the pics... What do you guys think?  :-\

I Just got my Connie and it has Soupys adj. lowering links which I want to keep so no centerstand for me either. Did you get the lift directly from Pit Bull or were you able to find it cheaper on the web someplace?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
I Just got my Connie and it has Soupys adj. lowering links which I want to keep so no centerstand for me either. Did you get the lift directly from Pit Bull or were you able to find it cheaper on the web someplace?

I bought it directly from Pit Bull Bob.

Offline BobK

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
OK, thanks. Have you had any issues with it not working as you described or has it been faultless like the rest of their products?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 08:24:59 AM »
OK, thanks. Have you had any issues with it not working as you described or has it been faultless like the rest of their products?

No issues at all Bob, works great!  :thumbs:

Offline BobK

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
Thanks, I ordered one yesterday.

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »
FYI... just bought a race bike that came with a POS rear stand.  Ordered a Hybrid Dual Lift with #8 pin (don't know if it fits the C14 yet or not...) directly from Pit Bull.  Paid $19 for shipping.

Liked the quality so much, ordered a matching rear for the race bike.  Then thought... $19 shipping.  Hmmm.  Amazon has same stand, same price, no shipping, and ONE CLICK SHOPPING. 

Just passing that along.

Barry

Nope, didn't fit my C14, but Amazon sells the right pin for it to fit.  I love Amazon. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:35:30 AM by Barry »
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.