Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > Bike/Accessory Reviews

G2 Throttle Tamer 10

(1/3) > >>

VirginiaJim:
I was a little leery of this one but it worked great.  It really smoothed out the the throttle tremendously.  I heartily recommend this improvement.  It's made of metal, unlike the Kwak throttle tube which is plastic.  Glad I got it.

http://www.g2ergo.com/street-bike-g2-ergonomics-products/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-street/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-1.html

Conrad:
 :thumbs:

Slideways:
Have been working on slow speed 'ride-like-a-cop' moves and the herky jerk throttle response makes it harder (understatement). Shifting with the wife on pillion must be done with finesse or we clack helmets. Low speed corners at close to closed throttle requires care not to shut the throttle or the snatchiness makes things a pain. These are the circumstances that have annoyed and frustrated me a little about the trottle response on my Connie.

G2 Tamer installed today. Is all cured? Well maybe one ride is not enough to offer a full review but a first impression can be expressed. It works! No not all of the above issues are cured 100% but every one of them is noticeably reduced. As a former machinist I was pleased with the quality, design and workmanship. Installed in 15min using full anal retentive procedures. Easily worth the money even at full MSRP.

Pokey:
Jim.....feel free to send me one of these if you like, maybe a happy birthday and get well gift?  ;)

gPink:

--- Quote from: Slideways on November 03, 2012, 10:40:06 PM ---Have been working on slow speed 'ride-like-a-cop' moves and the herky jerk throttle response makes it harder (understatement). Shifting with the wife on pillion must be done with finesse or we clack helmets. Low speed corners at close to closed throttle requires care not to shut the throttle or the snatchiness makes things a pain. These are the circumstances that have annoyed and frustrated me a little about the trottle response on my Connie.

G2 Tamer installed today. Is all cured? Well maybe one ride is not enough to offer a full review but a first impression can be expressed. It works! No not all of the above issues are cured 100% but every one of them is noticeably reduced. As a former machinist I was pleased with the quality, design and workmanship. Installed in 15min using full anal retentive procedures. Easily worth the money even at full MSRP.

--- End quote ---
We can assume you adjusted your cables too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version