Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > Body and frame

Removing Windscreen

(1/3) > >>

Klavdy:
It's a trap for a young player if you don't realise there are another two bolts (one on each side)that need to be undone.
They are under the black plastic caps on the front of the screen.

TAGS : Screen Remove Windscreen How to Kawasaki GTR1400 Concours

Thanks to "Kwikasfuki"

VirginiaJim:
Word of advice for anyone taking the screen off is to use a 3/8 hex socket to remove the screws.  The two hidden bolts are extremely soft.  Please make sure that your hex bit is firmly seated in the bolt.  Sometimes you have to wiggle the hex socket to make it seat correctly.  If you don't do this you WILL round it out and make further screen changes a nightmare.

Klavdy:
Good call on the soft hex heads, mate.
Any reason they shouldn't/cant be replaced with better ones?
Cheers.

VirginiaJim:
I don't see why not.  As to where you'd find it is another story.  It's easier to just use the right tools to get them off, though.

Klavdy:
No worries,
the reason I've asked is that I want to add another cigarette/Powerlet outlet to the left hand side of the dash where there is a circular 'Blanking Plate" just next to the headlamp adjuster.
Needed to take the screen off to neatly get to the pop in/out plastic rivet that holds the infill moulding on.
Then I can hook up the cig/Powerlet outlet up to the male/female bullet connectors under that hood thing.
I'd rather not drill holes in panels and that knock out blanking plate hooked up to the fused 10 amp (on the 2008's) looks the biz.

(Thanks to Fred Harmon for the pics, clickity click)

It's hard to find just the cig/powerlet socket on Powerlets web site, you have to put "PSO-001" or "Standard Powerlet Socket"

Powerlet have been asked if they can provide a plain socket with a weather resistant rubber boot and a set of short leads terminating in bullet connectors to suit the fused ones under the left panel.
Tell you what they say when they reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version