Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > Brakes - ABS/Non ABS

Rear brake not working

(1/2) > >>

basmntdweller:
Not been on here for several years but I’ve been riding a bit.
The last couple years I’ve hardly logged any miles for various reasons. I had noticed that if I hadn’t rode for a while, the rear brake pedal didn’t hardly move. I’d put lots of pressure on it and it would sorta work. Now I can really stand on the rear brake but it doesn’t move. I figured it was either the pedal cylinder or the caliper rusted or just plain stuck. Today I had a minute so I barely loosened the banjo bolt on the cylinder and the pedal worked and pushed a bit of fluid out. I figure the cylinder is okay. Next I went to the line on the caliper. Loosened a bit but pedal is rock solid and no fluid came out. Now I’m guessing there is a problem in some part of the ABS system. I know virtually nothing about ABS systems but not much I can’t take apart and get reassembled. I still assume there’s something rusted or stuck, just in the ABS valves. Can anyone shed any light on this, maybe give me some direction?

Thanks, Matt

gPink:
Might start looking for a pump on ebay.

basmntdweller:

--- Quote from: gPink on April 08, 2020, 03:27:20 PM ---Might start looking for a pump on ebay.

--- End quote ---

Pump???

gPink:
ABS pump

VirginiaJim:
Yep.  This can be caused by a rear master cylinder or a rock caught in the rear brake lever assembly (recall for that one).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version