Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > C-14, aka Concours-14 GTR 1400

Can I buy just the valve stem?

(1/5) > >>

Gumby:
If any of you followed my ride thread you know I got a flat tire in SandPoint Id. And it was a very expensive tire ($260 + $110 for labor), plus they broke the valve stem off of the pressure sensor and denied it. When I got home and went to my local shop they told me I could not buy just the valve stem I had to buy a whole new pressure sensor ($186) and program it to the ECU ($110).

No you can imagine I am a little upset after spending almost $700 to replace a rear tire.

From this diagram it looks like I could buy just a valve stem. Can anyone confirm this?

Conrad:
Tom,

I know that you can buy the 90 degree replacement valve stems from Murph, http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=130_136&products_id=417

So I would assume that you should be able to buy the straight stems as well without having to buy the whole damn thing. Or just get Jay to buy you some from Murph.    ;)

ZG:
I saw this on ebay last night... Make sure to do your research though Gumbi.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/concours-tire-sensors-zx14-/140844454903?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AConcours%7CSubmodel%3A14&hash=item20cafbd3f7&vxp=mtr

Gumby:
So I went down to the shop and told them I spent at least $150 more than I should of because they told me I had to buy the whole pressure sensor. After going back and forth for a bit they agreed to order part #16126-0040 and when the part gets here if it fits in my old sensor they would give me the difference back of the two parts back.

Here's the kicker, they said the valve stem costs $55, you can find them on the internet for $35-40, or get two right angle ones for $48 ??? , so I would get $131 dollars back and they get to keep my old sensor  ::). They also told me the labor would of been the same if they had only replaced the valve stem,  ???

Better than a swift kick in the @$$ I guess.

But then they offered to pay half of my install for a new front tire if I buy it from them. They will sell me a PR3 for $175, $45 install they pay half =  $197.50

I can get one off of Amazon for $135 with free two day shipping, $60 install charge = $195.

$2.50 Really? These shops are going to drive me crazy and broke!

ZG:
Next time just wear my helmet and jacket down there and don't take them off while talking to them, they'll do whatever you want...  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version