Author Topic: My Bike Got Dropped- By the Dealer Mechanic  (Read 8753 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: My Bike Got Dropped- By the Dealer Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »
I to like to do most of my own work but I all so like the dealer to do some of the stuff I don't want to do hence the 600 mile ck up by them and most others by me  ;D

I hear ya....except nothing special gets done at the 600 mile check. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline danl

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 09:59:07 PM »
Hit a hole? What deal leaves a hole right in his parking lot? A bag of sackrete does cost a lot, compared to bike parts.

I know... their entire parking lot leaves a lot to be desired. Gravel all over the place, uneven patching. My sales guy is on their safety committee, and he said he's complained about it too. A couple drops like mine, they could have paved the entire place. It's not like it's a huge lot.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
The fact that they had all the replacement parts on order before you got there to pick it up says something about the dealer. Sounds like they will take care of things and make it right.

Good luck!
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
When I first moved to Denver, I took my Wing and a set of tires to a multi brand dealer to get them installed... they walked the bike, no scratches or dings, noted it... took bike back for tire fitting.

I stood outside having a smoke and watched one of the younger guys ridng a bike back from the service area up to the service desk area where I was... before he exited the fenced off area, he rode across some small rocks and sand while in the turn, and lowsided the bike...  :o  I stood there in disbelief... then kinda woke up from it, walked over to him to make sure he was OK... got yelled at for being in a "restricted area" by him.  He picked the bike up, and walked in to the service desk area, I followed, and he started to talk to the SM... could have cut the air with a knife, it was thick with language and anger... paperwork was being smacked on to counters... the SM looked at me, asked if he could help me... "Yeah, I don't want him riding my Wing back from the service area!"  :rotflmao:
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline 1adam12

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 08:21:46 PM »
I was at the Mototire dealer here this summer in St.Louis and the SM rode my C-14 around back to the service bay. There is a window to see in the service bay from the waiting/showroom area. Jason Britton the stunt rider happen to be there for a show that coming weekend. So there I was having a nice conversation with him when I heard my bike rev. Because you know it sounds good with that Vance n Hines slip-on. Britton's jaw fell open because he was looking through the window to the service bay I had my back to it. He ran staight out there to help the SM get the bike up off the ground. The SM didn't quite make it onto the lift and went down. I just wanted to vomit. I kept my cool and they could not believe I didn't want the chew some A$$. The SM pulled almost every muscle in his left arm trying to set the bike down easy. He said once he lost his footing he knew he was going down, so he tried to minimize the damage. They ordered all the parts that day ( bag skin,mirror,lower fairing) and made it right before I left. Had to come back when the parts came in but they were real apologetic.  Stuff Happens

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 02:05:02 AM »
I was at the Mototire dealer here this summer in St.Louis and the SM rode my C-14 around back to the service bay. There is a window to see in the service bay from the waiting/showroom area. Jason Britton the stunt rider happen to be there for a show that coming weekend. So there I was having a nice conversation with him when I heard my bike rev. Because you know it sounds good with that Vance n Hines slip-on. Britton's jaw fell open because he was looking through the window to the service bay I had my back to it. He ran staight out there to help the SM get the bike up off the ground. The SM didn't quite make it onto the lift and went down. I just wanted to vomit. I kept my cool and they could not believe I didn't want the chew some A$$. The SM pulled almost every muscle in his left arm trying to set the bike down easy. He said once he lost his footing he knew he was going down, so he tried to minimize the damage. They ordered all the parts that day ( bag skin,mirror,lower fairing) and made it right before I left. Had to come back when the parts came in but they were real apologetic.  Stuff Happens

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ nice post for a newbie!  ;)  :thumbs:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
Dan,
 Just saw this post, so sorry to hear about the damage to your brand new bike.Having dealt with that same dealer for 30+ years I'm sure they will make everything right!

Offline booger

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
It happens.  No big deal.

At least they didn't deny it or not accept liability for it. :o

Offline xKLR

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 06:12:21 AM »
I took my 08 in for the brake pedal recall and the mechanic was a little guy. It was obvious his background was dirt bikes, and I was a bit nervous when he rode the bike into the service area. When the repair was complete, he asked politely if I minded getting the bike out of the service area because he was concerned he might drop the bike. It was a relief for me that he knew his limits.

-RC
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 04:50:57 PM by xKLR »

Offline danl

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »
They called yesterday to let me know the parts should be in Weds or Thurs, which surprised me. I figured they'd be on a slow boat from Asia and it'd be a few weeks.

Offline speed545

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »
They called yesterday to let me know the parts should be in Weds or Thurs, which surprised me. I figured they'd be on a slow boat from Asia and it'd be a few weeks.

Lolll, i guess they (kawasaki) have a distributor center some where in north america. I just ordered a few parts from a NJ dealer and they came in after 5-6 days.

Thumbs up to your dealer the way they treated you after the incident. I guess they cannot be all non professionnal. I had a little problem last august at the beginning of the BRP in VA. Had the bike towed to a local dealer in Winchester. Not much but i did appreciate the way they served me. Knowing i was form outside USA and on a trip, the guy stopped his lunch (12:15 when i came in) and manage to restart my bike. They did not insist on anything like a new battery ( i left the ignition ON all night at the hotel)

They put a new battery at my request since i didnt want any trouble for the remaining 12 days of my trip.

Thumbs up to Winchester kawasaki
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept