Author Topic: Helmet locks  (Read 23717 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Helmet locks
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
Conrad,
I don't remember the exacts but do remember it was pretty straight forward through the ordering process. I think paying is the very last step in the order process right?? You should get an email from them shortly confirming you order, go outside and check your front porch, it probably already delivered...  ;)   

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
Thanks ZG, I was worried when I didn't see anything in My Account about the order. I'll give 'em some time before I panic.

*checking front porch*
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 01:26:40 PM »
They're in Taiwan, so it's the middle of their night right now... give it about 6 hours.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »
Wow, the impatience that the digital age has spawned. 

:chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
They're in Taiwan, so it's the middle of their night right now... give it about 6 hours.

I know but I thought that my order should be noted in my account automatically.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mtn.connie

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2011, 02:28:39 PM »
I assume you have seen the posts  of people using a used set of helmet locks from a C-10 or other bike.  You can buy the locks from e-bay pretty cheap.  Heres mine:

I looked but couldn`t find one of these. It is exactly what I am looking for. I don`t need to throw down 50+ on the other one. Anybody got a link for me?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 06:38:28 AM »
Got an email from Projekt D this morning, it seems there was a problem with my order yesterday and it didn't get entered automatically. All is well now and my helmet locks have already been shipped. Nice service!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 06:58:19 AM »
Got an email from Projekt D this morning, it seems there was a problem with my order yesterday and it didn't get entered automatically. All is well now and my helmet locks have already been shipped. Nice service!

Excellent!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
The locks arrived Monday, but they required a freaking signature.  Since the post office has WONDERFULLY CONVENIENT hours, I didn't get them until today.

Exactly as advertised, although they included no instructions (they did send them the PDF I posted earlier).  Like others said, it was maybe a 10 min install at most.  You will spend most of that time trying to line up the washers :)  It included TWO SETS (4) of keys.  Looks good/stealthy, feels solid, I like the turn-just-a-little-to-activate key action too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 05:04:32 AM »
The locks arrived Monday, but they required a freaking signature.  Since the post office has WONDERFULLY CONVENIENT hours, I didn't get them until today.

Exactly as advertised, although they included no instructions (they did send them the PDF I posted earlier).  Like others said, it was maybe a 10 min install at most.  You will spend most of that time trying to line up the washers :)  It included TWO SETS (4) of keys.  Looks good/stealthy, feels solid, I like the turn-just-a-little-to-activate key action too.

Are the two locks keyed the same?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 06:47:13 AM »
Are the two locks keyed the same?

Yes!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2011, 06:22:21 AM »

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2011, 10:11:57 AM »
Did ya get it yet?

Offline TomballTX

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
The C-14 only has that stupid under-seat thing which is impossible, especially since I seem to have TREMENDOUS problems removing/installing the seat, which got even much, much worse with the Sargent seat.

...  I just found this online today:
http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=163

Seems like exactly what I have been looking for (well, except that I doubt they can be keyed to the bike key)- strong, simple, nice looking, convenient, not in the way.  I sent them an Email asking about how exactly they are mounted and what they are compatible with, since it is unclear on the site.  Has anyone purchased/tried this model yet?
The Sargent is hard to take off and put on - especially when I have my duffel buggied on it.  :)

I ordered the ProjektD on a Friday. It shipped from Asia on Monday and was delivered Friday - four days later!

The unit looks and feels high quality. I've not put it on as the bike is in for the 15K service. The lock will not accept the C14 key. Next week I'm going to check with my locksmith to see if I can replace their locks with ones the C14 key.

They emailed me the installation instructions after I ordered. They are posted on the forum, attached to reply #7 in this thread:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 06:22:42 AM »
Did ya get it yet?

Not yet, must be because of the holiday eh? They were in San Fran on Saturday.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2011, 06:54:24 AM »
Did ya get it yet?

Got it yesterday. Top notch quality and they look stock. The only complaint that I have is the sharp edges on the mounting bracket. I hates me some sharp edges because I usually end up getting cut somehow. I'm gonna take a file to those edges today and get this thing mounted.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2011, 08:31:24 AM »
All this positive talk convinced me .... I ordered the Projekt D helmet locks this morning. I also added the Bigfoot sidestand foot base. This is the second time I have ordered from Projekt D and I dont anticipate any problems as the first order went smooth as glass.
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
All this positive talk convinced me .... I ordered the Projekt D helmet locks this morning. I also added the Bigfoot sidestand foot base. This is the second time I have ordered from Projekt D and I dont anticipate any problems as the first order went smooth as glass.

Post up when you are done!

:)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »
I got the edges filed and installed it yesterday. It looks great. I asked my wife what she thought. She took a look and said that she didn't see anything new. If that's not an endorsement for it looking stock then I don't know what is.

It was a 10 minute job, 15 if you had to get your own beer while you installed the lock. My advice is to have a cold beer in your hand before you start.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
Good advice!