Author Topic: ECU Reflash.  (Read 18319 times)

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Arena
Re: ECU Reflash.
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2018, 04:07:49 AM »
Yeah.  I would even be a bit leery of messing with the VVT too much, since it has the potential of greatly affecting longevity in a quest for a little more gain here or there.  One thing I think this (and other threads) effectively show, is that gains in one area typically lead to sacrifices and risk in another.  Very "zen" and all :)

What risk are you talking about?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2018, 06:24:57 AM »
I've not ridden a flashed bike but that said I'm happy enough with the stock performance thank you :)

If you had ridden a flashed bike, you would not be happy with yours, regardless of what you might believe now :)  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 08:41:28 AM »
If you had ridden a flashed bike, you would not be happy with yours, regardless of what you might believe now :)  :)

I'll just be sure not to ride a flashed bike then :)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 11:01:23 AM »
Most likely it will be updated at some point, hopefully with the 14R's engine and some new electronics.

I like your thinking, and I hope you are correct. I do feel however that max' is probably right about the C14's future. (Gosh! it hurts to type that out loud, for both reasons.)
Still, if Yamaha can make the FJR euro compliant (they did didn't they?) then I would think Kawasaki could with the c14 too. I just worry that the market isn't there anymore for these bikes.
I think they all need a screen that you can swipe with a finger while the bike drives itself before any of the younger gens will want one in enough numbers to make it profitable.

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Arena
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2018, 12:23:24 PM »
As far as meeting emissions....
Kawasaki has the most efficient combustion chamber of all the big 4... no problem meeting emissions with even the current one.

It comes down to how many will actually buy $$$$.
It's whether it's a worthwhile investment to go to the trouble to do it... most of the current sales are as leftovers because people try to save $$$ and it's been around a while.

Will lots of people actually spend the $15-16,000.00 or more for a new model ?

The younger generation as a whole is a big problem in many areas.... Disposable income is one of them for many.
Although there are many that are on the ball, but still don't make what they could....
Maybe things are going to change for the better???

I'm sure that R&D has been held back in many areas for the big 4 due to world economics as a whole...
Suzuki has had major setbacks over the last several years.

I'm sure that they all are being very careful as to where they are investing their money in new products until all the new rules get settled and they analyze the demand.

Be careful what you wish for... fly by wire sucks compared to a cable unless you have access to the things that control it.   ;)

Ivan

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
I'm not sure you were catching my drift here. But none the less I'll go with it....ah so what you're saying here...
....is that despite what Ivan's website implies, that even with the fuel cut elimination that it still spouts flames and pops?  :stirpot: (sometimes I have to pick on someone new and give max' a well deserved rest)

Well no flames coming out the front door, that's a good sign.

I know we were having fun, but in all seriousness, theres no way an Ivans flash makes the pipes glow or shoots flames.

I always liked that H2r Video, but honestly, the flashed bike wont shoot flame or make pipes glow.