Author Topic: Suspension setup  (Read 10585 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Suspension setup
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 05:35:34 PM »
Since it changes the rake it will slow the turn in and cause it to wallow around and not hold a line.  :o

Inotherwords the bike is drunk and should get a DUI?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 10:14:30 PM »
Just read this discussion quickly.
Lots of good info.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Coomers

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 03:10:15 PM »
Update:

As mentioned earlier with the help of the Form Members I had spent a fair amount of time dialing in the suspension with reasonable results but I still wasn't there.

Today I had a new set of PR2's installed and volla, absolutely 100% neutral handling. I had to go with the 180 width to get the 55 series in the rear but I'm extremely happy with the handling. No matter how far I leaned the bike I can let the handle bars go and the bike doesn't straighten up or fall in the corner, way more confidence inspiring.

I realize new tires are a joy, and a bunch of you are thinking ya ya new tires, but I seriously don't think I have been able to achieve this level of neutral handling with the PR3's or 4's.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:05 PM »
I realize new tires are a joy, and a bunch of you are thinking ya ya new tires, but I seriously don't think I have been able to achieve this level of neutral handling with the PR3's or 4's.

I am one of those people :)

In my case, worn out PR4GT = had to fight HARD to hold it down for a corner.  New PR4GT = almost neutral, no effort at all to hold a corner.  When you start wearing out the center of the tire, any tire, it will get harder and harder to hold a corner.  And it will "dance" some at the transition from the worn out places to the less worn places on the sides.

In your case, I suspect if you had the same [newly improved/corrected] suspension settings before with any new PR4 3 or 2, it would have been neutral....

But enjoy it while it lasts :) :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sportytoes

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
You lifted the words right off my keyboard. Even lightly worn tires don't have the profile they came with. I love the feeling of new MC tires even more than new car/new helmet smell!

My current PR2 only have about 3000mi and I can already feel the joy has diminished. I'd be game for spooning them off to craigslist for a new set even though I'm sure they will go at least 7k. Was hoping a trackday would wear them back into shape but they are wearing like iron and I rode like a granny. I'm sure some rider out there worn down to the center tread bars will find them joyous enough. I need to fresh skins though to remain happy. I say, yes, it is that big a deal.
Crashed before, will crash again. Hopefully in a soft spot at a trackday.